ETH Zurich (ETHZ) 2022 - Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D decisions

dasdas

11 hours ago, RM97 said:

Current ETHZ MSc student here. I would choose ETH over Cornell anyday, everyday. But again, everyone has their reasons, and you might be getting a scholarship or you really fancy a research group there. So good luck, and congrats on getting admitted.

What about CMU vs ETH. I could really use a current students opinion. Thanks

1 hour ago, zuluzazu said:

What about CMU vs ETH. I could really use a current students opinion. Thanks

Well, tbh, it depends on the program, I guess. Have heard that some robotics research groups' in CMU are brilliant. But again, its an expensive uni to attend. As a general rule of thumb, personally, I wouldn't choose any other uni over ETH unless they are in the top 3-5 in their respective fields globally.

In Europe, ETHZ is very highly regarded, so graduating from here should open a lot of doors for you, in academia and industry alike. 

Just now, RM97 said:

Well, tbh, it depends on the program, I guess. Have heard that some robotics research groups' in CMU are brilliant. But again, its an expensive uni to attend. As a general rule of thumb, personally, I wouldn't choose any other uni over ETH unless they are in the top 3-5 in their respective fields globally.

In Europe, ETHZ is very highly regarded, so graduating from here should open a lot of doors for you, in academia and industry alike. 

I got in MSML and my research interests lie in ML. CMU is number 1 in ML according to many metrics in the US. Yeah ETHZ is great and that is why I am in a big dilemma

Thank you all for sharing! This thread has been very helpful during this loooooooong waiting time. I'm admitted today to Biology MSc program, majoring in Molecular Health Science. No update on ESOP. Happy to connect with other students and looking forward to see u! Congrats to all~

17 hours ago, zuluzazu said:

I got in MSML and my research interests lie in ML. CMU is number 1 in ML according to many metrics in the US. Yeah ETHZ is great and that is why I am in a big dilemma

Maybe try talking to current students pursuing your program of interest to get a better insight! Imo, you can't go wrong with either. Good luck.

Guys ESOP results would not have anything to do with enrollments right?

I got admits but I am still waiting on for the ESOP results before I enroll. Since there is no news it got me thinking. Would we have to enroll first to be considered for/given ESOP? My logic says no but got me slightly worried.

44 minutes ago, asazd said:

Guys ESOP results would not have anything to do with enrollments right?

I got admits but I am still waiting on for the ESOP results before I enroll. Since there is no news it got me thinking. Would we have to enroll first to be considered for/given ESOP? My logic says no but got me slightly worried.

I don't think it'll be related. If you already had the interview, then I heard you're very likely to get it. But if you haven't had the interview yet, it's very unlikely that you'll get ESOP. I know someone who got ESOP even before he made the decision about not going to the program. So no worries. 

1 minute ago, Cris.Jo.796 said:

Congratulations! which department and which program? and how did you receive it in the portal or email?

Thank you. I got it for the Computational Science and Engineering Program (D-Math). I got a mail saying that my ESOP decision has been posted on the portal and I should login and check.

5 minutes ago, tgag said:

Thank you. I got it for the Computational Science and Engineering Program (D-Math). I got a mail saying that my ESOP decision has been posted on the portal and I should login and check.

Did you accept the offer before getting this mail?

3 minutes ago, azzazz said:

I too received rejection email just now, mine was MS in Data Science. Misery loves company :D.  

I guess the only optimistic thing about this is that we can feel very honored to have an interview. I guess, it is already really hard to get one. ?

But in the end, it always sucks to not know what the reason for the rejection was.

Just now, Domi_Ger said:

I guess the only optimistic thing about this is that we can feel very honored to have an interview. I guess, it is already really hard to get one. ?

But in the end, it always sucks to not know what the reason for the rejection was.

Yeah, that's true. BTW have decided to accept their offer ?