ETH Zurich (ETHZ) 2022 - Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D decisions

dasdas

2 hours ago, Sigmo said:

May I ask your major and how many computer science related courses you have taken?

My BSc is in Biology, mostly molecular. There are only 2 obligatory courses that touch upon computational science, but I took about 30 more credits worth of CS-related courses. However, most of them are focused on applications in life sciences instead of general theory and applications... other than that, most of my CS knowledge actually comes from self-study ? 

I know I'll have to take 1 or 2 courses from CS BSc in my first year to compensate for the missing profile components from Biology.

What about you?

On 3/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, NabyFabThiago said:

Has anyone heard anything for MSc in Process Engineering (D-MAVT)? I received a reject for MSc in Chem. & BioEngg. but haven't got any update for Process Engineering, still under evaluation.

Received an accept for MSc in Process Engineering! Now I'm confused as I've to choose between ETHZ & Cornell?

I have been following this topic since day 1 but haven't written anything ? I finalllllyyy received my admission decision to Msc. in Biology, Major in Biochemistry. I can't describe how happy I ammm! I have been refreshing my email and checking here and grad cafe results every 2 minutes. I am so glad that this insanity is over. ? I would love to connect with others who are admitted to Biology as well.

Congrats to all of you who are admitted!!!

I found this thread today after receiving an update E-mail from ETH . I've been admitted to M.Sc. Biology in Molecular Plant Sciences!! I congratulate everyone who got admitted & wish great luck to the ones yet to receive their decision?

I too would definitely appreciate getting to know other future Biology students ☺️

23 hours ago, gb00 said:

I have been following this topic since day 1 but haven't written anything ? I finalllllyyy received my admission decision to Msc. in Biology, Major in Biochemistry. I can't describe how happy I ammm! I have been refreshing my email and checking here and grad cafe results every 2 minutes. I am so glad that this insanity is over. ? I would love to connect with others who are admitted to Biology as well.

Congrats to all of you who are admitted!!!

Congratulations! I just got admitted to Msc Biology (Microbiology and Immunology) yesterday, as well.

8 hours ago, DiegoCamacho said:

Hello everyone!

Just got accepted to the HS and technology. I also applied to the ESOP scolarship, can any one post when they get their reults back?

Congrats to everyone, too!

Did you have an interview? 

On 3/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, NabyFabThiago said:

Received an accept for MSc in Process Engineering! Now I'm confused as I've to choose between ETHZ & Cornell?

Got admitted to MSc in Micro- and Nanosystems under D-MAVT! I am also confused since I have to now choose between ETH and Yale, so I feel you ... Have you heard anything about the ESOP?

14 minutes ago, uwish said:

Got admitted to MSc in Micro- and Nanosystems under D-MAVT! I am also confused since I have to now choose between ETH and Yale, so I feel you ... Have you heard anything about the ESOP?

Congratulations! I'm probably gonna decide on Cornell (much more flexible curriculum + easier to live in (I'm Indian and I haven't studied German) + easier job prospects). I didn't apply for ESOP so I can't help you with that. 

Edited by NabyFabThiago

1 hour ago, uwish said:

ETH > Yale :D

Did you have the interview?

22 hours ago, NabyFabThiago said:

Congratulations! I'm probably gonna decide on Cornell (much more flexible curriculum + easier to live in (I'm Indian and I haven't studied German) + easier job prospects). I didn't apply for ESOP so I can't help you with that. 

Current ETHZ MSc student here. I would choose ETH over Cornell anyday, everyday. But again, everyone has their reasons, and you might be getting a scholarship or you really fancy a research group there. So good luck, and congrats on getting admitted.