ETH Zurich (ETHZ) 2022 - Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D decisions

dasdas

38 minutes ago, curiousExplorer said:

In my acceptance letter PDF, at the top (just above my name), "A-PRIORITY" is written in bold! Is there anyone else with this? What does it mean, if anyone knows?

img.jpg

My letter had this too. Not sure what it means though.

30 minutes ago, curiousExplorer said:

In my acceptance letter PDF, at the top (just above my name), "A-PRIORITY" is written in bold! Is there anyone else with this? What does it mean, if anyone knows?

img.jpg

This is for the letter in paper form, as acceptance letters are also sent in paper form with an official signature.

https://service.post.ch/vgkklp/info/informationen/ProdukteAnzeigen/ here you can find out approximately how many days it would take to get to you. Most likely it's at "Letter small goods" there. The global average is 1 week.

I apologize for the frequent queries. Just an anxious applicant here ?.

Did anyone notice if the status on the portal changed from "Evaluation" to something else, before the email notification came? If yes, do you have an approx. estimate of the time gap between the status update and the email? 

Edited by Battery voltas

5 hours ago, Battery voltas said:

I apologize for the frequent queries. Just an anxious applicant here ?.

Did anyone notice if the status on the portal changed from "Evaluation" to something else, before the email notification came? If yes, do you have an approx. estimate of the time gap between the status update and the email? 

I am also an anxious email/portal checker and I checked both at least once an hour for the past couple weeks. As there was no point where I "caught the decision early", it seems to be that the change in application status prompts the release of the admissions email. I believe so because it's a noreply email that asks you to check app status when the decision has been made.

The admissions office states that 8-10 weeks is the expected time between the application deadline and admissions decision. Today is week 10 (the deadline was on a Wednesday)! So you should receive the answer by the end of the week, otherwise I'm pretty sure you have the right to call them up to find out what's up. Also, the next Master's info event is on Monday and the people that evaluate the applications are definitely participating, so the evaluation of applications from the first window should be finished very soon...

2 hours ago, JunoKreisler said:

I am also an anxious email/portal checker and I checked both at least once an hour for the past couple weeks. As there was no point where I "caught the decision early", it seems to be that the change in application status prompts the release of the admissions email. I believe so because it's a noreply email that asks you to check app status when the decision has been made.

The admissions office states that 8-10 weeks is the expected time between the application deadline and admissions decision. Today is week 10 (the deadline was on a Wednesday)! So you should receive the answer by the end of the week, otherwise I'm pretty sure you have the right to call them up to find out what's up. Also, the next Master's info event is on Monday and the people that evaluate the applications are definitely participating, so the evaluation of applications from the first window should be finished very soon...

Thank you so much for the comprehensive response, I really appreciate it. Seems like a couple of departments are yet to release their decisions (I'm an EEIT applicant and they just stopped with few rejections last Monday).

Also, wasn't the application deadline the 15th of December? If I'm not wrong, its been 12 weeks already in that case, and ETH is already late with their decision. I think it was supposed to come by the third week of February following the usual trend, but everyday I see just an "Evaluation" when I open the portal ?. I have no idea when this wait will end. The portal also tells us "Your application is being processed. Please be patient.", and as funny as it sounds I feel that they might get annoyed if we mail for a status update which might potentially affect the outcome of our application. 

Either way, thanks a ton for the information. Hope we get it in the next two days, as the wait is getting very tiring at this point.

10 hours ago, Battery voltas said:

Also, wasn't the application deadline the 15th of December? If I'm not wrong, its been 12 weeks already in that case, and ETH is already late with their decision. I think it was supposed to come by the third week of February following the usual trend, but everyday I see just an "Evaluation" when I open the portal ?.

I'm pretty sure they count the working weeks only, as there were 2 weeks or so of Christmas/NY holiday...

12 minutes ago, Domi_Ger said:

I just got accepted for EEIT. So happy :)

What does ESOP-requested mean?

Congrats!!! Happy to see you join us soon :D

ESOP-requested means that the interview committe decided that your proposal is worthy of being forwarded to the main body that will choose who will get the ESOP. You'll know at the end of March.

11 minutes ago, JunoKreisler said:

ESOP-requested means that the interview committe decided that your proposal is worthy of being forwarded to the main body that will choose who will get the ESOP. You'll know at the end of March.

Ohh wait a minute...I haven't had any interview for the ESOP yet. My acceptance came along with "ESOP-requested" remark. So should I assume that I will now directly get the decision on esop at the end of march OR in between there will be some interview process as well for me?

4 minutes ago, curiousExplorer said:

Ohh wait a minute...I haven't had any interview for the ESOP yet. My acceptance came along with "ESOP-requested" remark. So should I assume that I will now directly get the decision on esop at the end of march OR in between there will be some interview process as well for me?

hmmmmm unless you're an internal student or from EPFL, you should definitely expect to be interviewed before the end of March. How long has it been at "ESOP-requested"?

13 minutes ago, JunoKreisler said:

hmmmmm unless you're an internal student or from EPFL, you should definitely expect to be interviewed before the end of March. How long has it been at "ESOP-requested"?

Ohh I see. Naah I am not from either of the two. Its been ESOP-requested for 3 days now.

15 minutes ago, Bremen Bermuda said:

Congrats! I just got the admission email too:) Were you interviewed for ESOP btw?

Congratulations! Which program did you apply for? 

No I wasn't interviewed, I don't think I'll get it. But it doesn't matter, I'm super happy I got in, I didn't expect that at all. I have good grades and recommendation letters, but no crazy internships or anything like that, so I wasn't really sure about my chances when I was applying. I'm glad we finally got the decision though, I was starting to lose my mind, checking my email every 10 minutes :D 

22 minutes ago, Veronika R said:

Wait really? That's awesome, we're gonna be classmates, then :) which field in physics are you most interested in? 

Yes, we should be :) (although assuming I don't get ESOP I will still need to figure out some finances before I can accept the offer, because of how expensive Zurich is). I'm mostly interested in particle physics and astrophysics (not quite decided yet), what about you?

15 minutes ago, Domi_Ger said:

Does it say ESOP requested in your portal as well?

It does, but I assumed that just indicates that I applied for it. Does it mean something else?

4 hours ago, JunoKreisler said:

I think: ESOP-requested actually means that you just applied for the program, not 100% sure that they forward it to the committee.

Is there someone here who applied for the EEIT or Physics department who had an interview for ESOP?