Fall 2022 MA Applicants

taybee4

Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster, etc etc. I'm hopeful I can find some other people in my shoes on this forum!

I'm currently an art history BA student applying for an MA. I've applied to NYU-IFA, Columbia, American, GW, Georgetown, Penn, Boston University and the Courtauld. So far, I've only heard back from American (which was an admit sent 6 days after the app was submitted!).

Has anyone applied for MA programs at any of these schools and heard back? I am so anxious to hear!

Hi Hi!

I also applied to NYU/Columbia/Georgetown

Williams' admission office replied that they are just starting to sort applications. Professors will go through applications in the next few weeks.

I guess we will get some updates at least at the last week of Feb.

Nice to meet you, I am also in anxious rn.

2 hours ago, taybee4 said:

I heard back from the Courtauld today and was accepted for the special option Continuity and Innovation: Reframing Italian Renaissance Art from Masaccio to Michelangelo! Anyone else hear back??

Big Congrats! 

I suppose UK programs have earlier notification dates?

A friend of mine who is currently studying in Columbia's MA program told me she got the acceptance letter pretty late last year, around early April.

I guess most MAs' results would come out at least during last week of Feb or early March?

Thank you! I think historically Courtauld and American are the two that release decisions the earliest. I know from looking at results from years past, most will probably come mid-late Feb and then throughout March but who knows! 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:22 AM, colorpop said:

I just got invited to an interview with Williams on Monday! Has anyone gotten interviewed by Williams already? Does anyone have any advice?

Hi colorpop! I am interviewing with Williams on Friday the 18th. I would also be so grateful for any advice anyone has.

My interviewers were kind and encouraging, which was so helpful for my nerves. They asked why Williams, what book I had read recently, what courses lead me to be interested in the field, what projects I were proud of, and a few others I am now blanking on. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Wishing you the best of luck! 20 minutes sped by very quickly.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:56 PM, colorpop said:

My interviewers were kind and encouraging, which was so helpful for my nerves. They asked why Williams, what book I had read recently, what courses lead me to be interested in the field, what projects I were proud of, and a few others I am now blanking on. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Wishing you the best of luck! 20 minutes sped by very quickly.

I had my interview on Friday and I think it went well! Thank you for your message + luck. I’d add for anyone else prepping that they asked what the most pressing issues facing Art history are right now and what criticisms you have or what you would change about the project you’re proud of. I asked what traits they would say are the most important to succeed in the program and they said “curiosity, kindness and time management” - which I thought was a great answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, millefleur97 said:

I got my acceptance on 3/21. Email from them to check portal for decision letter. Maybe they have a wait list? 

I think there are a lot of people who haven't heard anything from them... not even waitlist notification. Maybe they roll them out over the course of a few weeks, who knows.

2 hours ago, taybee4 said:

I think there are a lot of people who haven't heard anything from them... not even waitlist notification. Maybe they roll them out over the course of a few weeks, who knows.

Yeah. They did say that it was an especially competitive year. They may still be making final decisions: Best of luck to you!