OISE Med Counselling Psychology 2022

wwainnnnai

3 hours ago, Cubz said:

does anybody have any idea how the waitlist works and what happens after ? What are chances of getting an offer ? 

I'm not 100% sure but I have 3 weeks to accept my offer.  I'm guessing after that they would roll out acceptances again (or send you another update email).

Edited by TeeM2022

Hi all,

Unfortunately I was rejected from my application to the part-time position (can't apply for full-time due to financial reasons):

Has anyone else been accepted/know someone who has been accepted to part-time specifically? I was an oblivious chicken head and forgot to include WHY I'm applying for part-time on my application...I know...I'm wondering if that's something that others who have been accepted have done? Don't hear too much about part-time applicants so I thought I'd inquire!

My stats are as follows if it provides any helpful context: 

- 4 years of clinical research experience, including currently working as a Research Coordinator in a clinical lab 

- 4 years of Residence Life campus experience where we were trained in de-escalation + SAFETalk Suicide Alert Helper training and had to deal with many high-stakes mental health scenarios

- 1 year in an Autism program where we incorporated ABA therapy to help adults with autism

- 4 months of working in the concurrent disorders unit of a mental health hospital where I led my own sessions with inpatients to aid them on their journey towards recovery

- 1 year of crisis line volunteer exp

• 2 weeks later...

I got rejected. I have a honour bachelor in therapeutic recreation and a diploma in behaviour sciences. Although, both of these credentials were from Seneca College. Do you think I should upgrade my education to a post grad or should I just obtain more experience in the field? At the time of my application I had 6 years as a direct support professional with adults with disabilities, 6 months experience as a recreation therapist and 9 months of crisis line support. What do you all think?

On 5/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, sleepygrad said:

I was waitlisted today. Does anyone know how many people were waitlisted? Or if the waitlisted is ranked? 

hey, they said their waitlist isnt ranked and I have no idea how many people are waitlisted. They wouldnt even provide my place on the waitlist. But since I've been waitlisted 3 weeks ago, I have a feeling i'll hear back next week whether its a rejection or offer. I'll let you know. Best of luck!