Oxford BSG MPP 2023

Shrems

13 hours ago, Everett said:

Hey! I had an interview this past Monday. No news beyond that yet.

Will you mind sharing a little about your background? It will give us more clarity to understand what is going on! Thanks-

10 hours ago, Shrems said:

Will you mind sharing a little about your background? It will give us more clarity to understand what is going on! Thanks-

Of course! This is my second round of applications. I was in the military for 6 years and as such am just completing my undergrad. I believe I just have an unusual background, and that the admissions team wanted to ask a few more questions. Given the application page, interviews are just an opportunity for the team to ask questions.

Hey, found this on the disappeared uplod button in a previous admissions

This has been thoroughly discussed on the student room. the conclusions are: 

1. The Oxford website says it means a decision has been made. It is not indicative of a rejection or an offer. 

2. There are people who have had it disabled and gone on to get an offer and others who have gone on to get rejected. Obviously, many more people will end up being rejected than accepted, so a false association has been made between this happening and rejection. 

37 minutes ago, RD0502 said:

Hey, found this on the disappeared uplod button in a previous admissions

This has been thoroughly discussed on the student room. the conclusions are: 

1. The Oxford website says it means a decision has been made. It is not indicative of a rejection or an offer. 

2. There are people who have had it disabled and gone on to get an offer and others who have gone on to get rejected. Obviously, many more people will end up being rejected than accepted, so a false association has been made between this happening and rejection. 

Make sense , but it kind a make me nervous, so we can then even expect a decision by tomorrow?

Congratulations to those admitted .Is it true that all admitted and waitlisted results are out on friday 11 th march.  I guess those who have not received any communication  by now may not be accepted this year.In 2021 majority of admitted candidates got mail on 16 th ( tuesday) and in 2020 it was on friday13 thmarch.Can we expect acceptance emails now ?

Edited by Oxford boy
New addition

On 3/13/2022 at 12:20 AM, Oxford boy said:

Congratulations to those admitted .Is it true that all admitted and waitlisted results are out on friday 11 th march.  I guess those who have not received any communication  by now may not be accepted this year.In 2021 majority of admitted candidates got mail on 16 th ( tuesday) and in 2020 it was on friday13 thmarch.Can we expect acceptance emails now ?

Looking for any trend to the contrary but so far for BSG acceptances are sent on the same day and rejections follow after 2 days. However, in other departments, batches are mixed i.e. both acceptance and rejections are communicated in batches. 

I have seen very few people with admits on the internet - of course this all could be confirmation bias. Hoping for the best. If nothing happens, at least I assumed for a greater part of the weekend that I have already been rejected.