US Policy(MPP/MPA) and IR Grad Programs Podcast

Everyone who listens to my podcast, favor to ask.

1. Please share with your friends interested in policy or ir grad school school

2. Let me know what other topics you want me to cover

Going forward, I have some more episodes about social dynamics in policy school. Season 2, which I expect to start in late May or so, will be about what to do to prepare for policy or IR grad school after getting accepted.

42 minutes ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

UK Policy Grad School + Consulting Career Considerations

I have a grad degree from the UK. I think your analysis is spot on.

Just a note: Ireland (as in, the Republic of Ireland) is NOT part of the UK. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. There is a soft border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

5 minutes ago, Gradthrowaway said:

I have a grad degree from the UK. I think your analysis is spot on.

Just a note: Ireland (as in, the Republic of Ireland) is NOT part of the UK. Northern Ireland is part of the UK. There is a soft border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Apologies, you are absolutely right. I should have clarified when I was talking about Northern Ireland and when I was talking about the Republic of Ireland - in all cases I was speaking about Northern Ireland. I'll go add that on the details portion of the podcast now ( should correct in an hour or so).

Edited by GradSchoolGrad

27 minutes ago, GradSchoolGrad said:

Apologies, you are absolutely right. I should have clarified when I was talking about Northern Ireland and when I was talking about the Republic of Ireland - in all cases I was speaking about Northern Ireland. I'll go add that on the details portion of the podcast now ( should correct in an hour or so).

Not to worry!

I would also add that grad school in the UK may NOT be a good option for anyone who struggles with alcoholism, doesn't like to be around heavy drinking, or has any other alcohol-related issues. I saw **day-to-day** alcohol consumption in all four countries of the UK and in Ireland that rivaled what I had seen at the craziest college frat parties in the U.S. It's not true of everyone, of course, but it was a dynamic that stood out to me.

Edited by Gradthrowaway

Two new episodes out - a. Policy School's Digital Media and b. Dual Degreeing. 

My last episode for this season will be about Mental Health In Policy school... then I'm going to start Season 2, which will be all about preparing for Policy/IR Grad school