Cell phones in the GRE testing center?

Strangefox

I am going to take the test really soon and I started to reread section On Test Day of the official website. And it says "Do not bring cell phones <...> into the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores will be canceled."

My question is, if I bring it and put it into a locker - is it against the rules or something?

To take the test I will have to go to another city and I just cannot leave my cell phone at home!

Thanks!

I am going to take the test really soon and I started to reread section On Test Day of the official website. And it says "Do not bring cell phones <...> into the test center. If you do, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores will be canceled."

My question is, if I bring it and put it into a locker - is it against the rules or something?

To take the test I will have to go to another city and I just cannot leave my cell phone at home!

Thanks!

I brought my cell phone with me when I took the GRE since I also had to travel to take it and left it off in the locker. However, I cannot tell you for sure whether the rules said something about cell phones in the test center. I took the test less than a year ago, so I don't think the rules have changed. But we never know...

They're extremely strict with what you can take to the exam with you, though.

Ok, I called the testing center today and they told me that there is a building and the testing center is A PART of the building. So lockers are outside the center and I can leave my cell phone there. What a relief! :P