MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

57 minutes ago, cookiecrumble said:

It’s strange to me because all my other documents in the application checklist states “received” but I only got an email for my official transcript being received. Then again, it wasn’t mandatory to submit an official transcript so maybe they went through a process of verifying  if our transcripts were actually official and maybe did so on an alphabetical order hence mine (my last name begins with D) being received in January. 

Or maybe there was no method to it at all and I’m over analyzing and going crazy out of impatience LOL 

Lol we are all overanalyzing. With that said, I still think it would be a huge pain for an admission committee to go out and obtain official transcripts on behalf of 800+ applicants, so I really do like to think that they would only go through the trouble for applicants they are seriously considering admitting. But the timing very likely means nothing, my last name initial is C and I got the same message you got just today.

13 hours ago, SearchForMeaning said:

Lol we are all overanalyzing. With that said, I still think it would be a huge pain for an admission committee to go out and obtain official transcripts on behalf of 800+ applicants, so I really do like to think that they would only go through the trouble for applicants they are seriously considering admitting. But the timing very likely means nothing, my last name initial is C and I got the same message you got just today.

Did everyone who got this message "official transcript received" do their undergrad at UofT? I got this message back in Jan last name D.

37 minutes ago, MSW-CAN said:

Did everyone who got this message "official transcript received" do their undergrad at UofT? I got this message back in Jan last name D.

I didn't receive the email but the portal indicated that my transcripts from Laurier (I did not graduate from U of T) were updated on Jan 6th, 2023. 

My last name is C

20 hours ago, fivelittlemonkeys said:

I didn't receive the email but the portal indicated that my transcripts from Laurier (I did not graduate from U of T) were updated on Jan 6th, 2023. 

My last name is C

Same here. I didn't receive the email but the portal says my undergraduage transcripts were updated on Jan 10th, 2023. All other documents were updated on Novemver 10th as per the portal. This is strange! My last name is B. 

21 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hi all,

I emailed York to find out when everyone will hear back as I haven't gotten a lucky phone call sadly. Joelle said that we should all hear back by the end of the month. 

Is this just for advanced standing?

27 minutes ago, Evs22 said:

I was also waitlisted at King's/Western Ontario! I will be declining if they end up offering me admission unless there is insanely good funding, if that helps anyone!

Does anyone have any insight about how many ppl they typically waitlist?

39 minutes ago, Evs22 said:

I was also waitlisted at King's/Western Ontario! I will be declining if they end up offering me admission unless there is insanely good funding, if that helps anyone!

Is this for the 2-year track?