MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

On 4/8/2023 at 10:42 AM, cookiecrumble said:

Laurier (2-year on campus) is my last hope before I have to opt for a post-grad certificate! Really keeping my fingers crossed for some good news :(

Have you heard anything yet? I’m in the same boat 

I noticed that they recently updated the deadlines section of their website. Target decisions used to say April, now it says end of April. Looking back at the forum from past application years, acceptances were normally sent out this week. Not sure if they have more apps this year. Either way looks like we'll still be waiting a while. 

On 4/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, pmswtime said:

Is there a facebook group for anyone who has accepted the UWindsor advanced standing 16 month MSW for working professionals program? (I will start one if there hasn't been)

Good Morning, I'm hoping everyone will have their admissions soon! I was accepted into UWindsor advanced standing MSWwp, September start. Have you found a facebook group for this cohort?

Just heard back from Laurier (regular track full time), I was rejected which I am not surprised about and don’t really care because it wasn’t one of my top choices BUT just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out for an email

Just heard back from Laurier MSW (on campus 2 year) - waitlist. The email said admission decisions are complete now so everyone should be hearing back soon if you haven’t already. Anyone else on the waitlist? Trying to get an idea of how many of us are on the list.

1 hour ago, Liv987 said:

Just heard back from Laurier (regular track full time), I was rejected which I am not surprised about and don’t really care because it wasn’t one of my top choices BUT just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out for an email

Hey just curious, when you got the rejection email did they give you the option to join the waitlist as well? 

1 hour ago, bigplanss said:

Just heard back from Laurier MSW (on campus 2 year) - waitlist. The email said admission decisions are complete now so everyone should be hearing back soon if you haven’t already. Anyone else on the waitlist? Trying to get an idea of how many of us are on the list.

Can I ask what your hours were on your app?

If there are people receiving waitlist offers for Laurier MSW Regular Track program, does that mean those that haven't heard back yet will be rejected soon? Just wondering since if someone is waitlisted than that means acceptances have already gone out? I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but rationalization goes out the window during this time hahah

1 hour ago, mentalhealthadvocate said:

If there are people receiving waitlist offers for Laurier MSW Regular Track program, does that mean those that haven't heard back yet will be rejected soon? Just wondering since if someone is waitlisted than that means acceptances have already gone out? I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but rationalization goes out the window during this time hahah

Not necessarily! Rejections started going out yesterday as well. I think acceptances may be the last to go out if no one has received one yet

3 hours ago, mentalhealthadvocate said:

Not totally sure about this, in the email I received they said all their decisions are complete so it seems they're just sending them out still but the decisions are already made. To me that could still mean that acceptances may be sent out today or more waitlist offers. I'm not too sure why it takes them so long to send it all out though. Hope you hear back soon!

Hey all, yesterday I got an email from Angela Umbrello, admin coordinator of admissions at UofT, offering me a spot off the waitlist for the 1 year advanced standing MSW! My last name starts with 'A' and I chose Health and Mental Health as my stream of specialization. I can't believe it but I'm over the moon! Good luck to all those still on the waitlist as it should start moving in these next couple weeks, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! 😊

1 hour ago, Lovey1115 said:

Hey all, yesterday I got an email from Angela Umbrello, admin coordinator of admissions at UofT, offering me a spot off the waitlist for the 1 year advanced standing MSW! My last name starts with 'A' and I chose Health and Mental Health as my stream of specialization. I can't believe it but I'm over the moon! Good luck to all those still on the waitlist as it should start moving in these next couple weeks, keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! 😊

Congratulations!!! That's amazing!!

5 hours ago, bigplanss said:

Not totally sure about this, in the email I received they said all their decisions are complete so it seems they're just sending them out still but the decisions are already made. To me that could still mean that acceptances may be sent out today or more waitlist offers. I'm not too sure why it takes them so long to send it all out though. Hope you hear back soon!

Thank you! Maybe offers/waitlists/rejections are done in rounds I'm thinking? which is a good sign that you may be on the waitlist for the first round, which means your chances are higher of being accepted hopefully :)