MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

4 minutes ago, Ci87xo said:

U of T gave me 4 weeks to accept the admission offer. However the $500 Payment must be made to secure your offer before June 1st. So after Wednesday I assume they move to the waitlist. Good luck 😉

Okay gotcha! Thank you so much!! All the best in the Fall :)

8 hours ago, RosieTheNanny said:

I was a little confused by the wording of the e-mail. If we opt in, are we automatically put on the waitlist for the BSW program?

Yes, if you fill out the form in the email link you will be added to the waitlist for the BSW program as well.

On 3/19/2023 at 4:28 PM, MSW709NL said:

Hi all,

I'm feeling very fortunate to have received admissions offers to Memorial University's MSW program and Laurier's MSW program (Advanced Standing for Spring 2023). I was on the waitlist for Laurier and received an offer about 2 weeks ago. 

I have another couple of days to make my final decision. If anyone knows anyone who has attended either MSW program, or if you have taken either program yourself, could you please let me know your thoughts? 

Thank you, and good luck to everyone who is waiting on decisions from their program(s) of choice 🙂

Hey which one did you choose? 

14 minutes ago, Applicant4 said:

Just thought I'd share that I received an email indicating that decisions regarding Laurier's online regular part-time program should be sent in the next 10-15 business days. 

Thank you for sharing. That's disheartening as it is almost the end of June and we were supposed to know by the end of May. Hopefully it won't take quite as long!

Just now, ridgerr said:

Thank you for sharing. That's disheartening as it is almost the end of June and we were supposed to know by the end of May. Hopefully it won't take quite as long!

I totally agree, it's been nerve-wracking waiting so long to hear. Fingers crossed it will be sooner

It seems Laurier didn't complete application reviews until last week, as I received an email (last name starts with "H") from one of their Graduate Admissions Coordinators (June 1) asking me to resend an unofficial transcript so they could add it to my application (apparently, the institution name was cut off in my original submission?). They said I had to return it to them by Friday, June 2, at noon. I am curious why the decision date has dragged on past late May for regular track part-time online MSW.

Anyway, in my experience of applying in 2021 for W23 start for the non-BSW regular track part-time online MSW, Friday is usually the day they notify. Hoping that it is sooner than later this month. 

Edited by MSW Candidate 16
words

1 hour ago, 3NAHW said:

@Applicant4 did you send them an email asking and you received this information back? 

They emailed me on Friday inquiring if I would like to close my part-time application due to getting into their full-time program, and I indicated I would like to keep it open, where they then told me 10-15 business days until they release decisions