the college of William & Mary

karenwog

I won't know for sure until after my Visit Days in a couple of weeks, but it's very likely I'll be at W&M for an American History Masters next year. It's been my top choice school throughout the process, so assuming all goes well I'll be moving to VA in August!

Hi everyone!

To be honest, this is currently my last choice program (was accepted for PhD program in American Studies, but my field is film and media studies). I applied just in case my partner, who is in the Navy, was stationed in Norfolk, VA. Unfortunately, this is looking like a real possibility for us. Anyone have anything great to say about the school/program/surrounding area that can make me feel better about this last-choice option?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say much about the town as I haven't visited, but I'll be in the Amer. Studies program also. I've had a lot of great contacts in the dept. say that it's a nice town, the dept. pretty much gets along, and there's a lot of diversity in research topics. The town itself looks beautiful, and a lot of PhD people move to Richmond in the later years of their study to escape small town life. See you there?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use