POWERPREP

Tasadduk

Hi guys. I took the Powerprep practice test for the first time today. Scored a 740 on the quantative, yay! And verbal score is not even worth mentioning, I need to practice my words and reading passages much faster. Anyway, my question is, does the real exam constantly show the time? My PowerPrep showed the time in the beginning of the test (with the writing part) but it disappeared after that, and I couldn't bring it back by thousands of clicks on the time button. I had to use my own watch to time myself. Anyways, does the real exam show the time constantly? If not, it would be a huge problem for me. Considering the fact they don't let you bring a watch in the testing center.

Hi guys. I took the Powerprep practice test for the first time today. Scored a 740 on the quantative, yay! And verbal score is not even worth mentioning, I need to practice my words and reading passages much faster. Anyway, my question is, does the real exam constantly show the time? My PowerPrep showed the time in the beginning of the test (with the writing part) but it disappeared after that, and I couldn't bring it back by thousands of clicks on the time button. I had to use my own watch to time myself. Anyways, does the real exam show the time constantly? If not, it would be a huge problem for me. Considering the fact they don't let you bring a watch in the testing center.

There must have been some glitch in your POWERPREP. It must show you the time or hide it when you press the TIME button. You will definetely know time during the test - don't worry!!! :)

You can hide the time indicator all the time except during the last five minutes. If it was hidden all the way through the test, when you have only five minutes left the time indicator will appear by itself. It will also blink a bit for you to notice.

Edited by Strangefox

thanks guys, that helps. Another question, is PowerPrep CAT as the real exam, or it just throws you a whole bunch of random questions?

Yes, POWERPREP is CAT the same as the real test. And it looks exactly like the real test, too.

Sorry... one more question. Does the real exam show you which problem number you are on? PowerPrep only showed this when I was working on reading comprehension or on a chart problem. I guess if it doesn't, I'd have to keep track of numbers on my own.

Sorry... one more question. Does the real exam show you which problem number you are on? PowerPrep only showed this when I was working on reading comprehension or on a chart problem. I guess if it doesn't, I'd have to keep track of numbers on my own.

Yes the real GRE shows you which problem you're on.