Curriculum Vitae

Ph.D. IR

What are some important headers that should be included in our CV? Is a cover letter necessary?

I have:

Personal Information

Education

Work Experience (?)

Research Experience

Honors/Awards

Publications

Hmm, what else can I be possibly missing?

Sorry if this comes as a stupid question. This is my first time applying to Ph.D. programs. And while I have obtained some information off the web, I think it is more appropriate to ask this question to people who are going through (or have been through) the process. Thank you for your understanding.

What are some important headers that should be included in our CV? Is a cover letter necessary?

I have:

Personal Information

Education

Work Experience (?)

Research Experience

Honors/Awards

Publications

Hmm, what else can I be possibly missing?

Sorry if this comes as a stupid question. This is my first time applying to Ph.D. programs. And while I have obtained some information off the web, I think it is more appropriate to ask this question to people who are going through (or have been through) the process. Thank you for your understanding.

I tried the EU CV Form. It is preety good. With all the necessary info.

http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVExamples.csp

Take a look for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your advise.

I don't have a lot of research experience, so I was wondering if I should emphasize on my work experience.

In that case, how many bullet points should I have for each work experience? I was thinking about 3 bullet points per work experience.

What do you guys think?