MY IDEA that got me into THE UNIVERSITY

matilda

I see that a lot of you are getting accepted....to most of the schools I applied, and that see like a distant dreams to me, still.

What were your subjects of research? What was THE IDEA that you think was crucial for your acceptance?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confidently say that research fit with faculty/department is *the* most important item in your SoP. Even if everything else is awesome and that aspect doesn't fit, you won't see an acceptance.

I can confidently say that research fit with faculty/department is *the* most important item in your SoP. Even if everything else is awesome and that aspect doesn't fit, you won't see an acceptance.

Hi stories,

I know you are currently a PhD student in Yale SPH. I saw someone posted yesterday that he/she received an email from Yale SPH(EMD PhD)to schedule an interview. Unfortunately, I did not received such email and I applied the same program.

just wondering if Yale SPH sends out all the interviews at once or sequentially( like: for domestic applicants, on-site interview, for international applicants, phone interview, with a different date, etc...)

Thanks

Hi stories,

I know you are currently a PhD student in Yale SPH. I saw someone posted yesterday that he/she received an email from Yale SPH(EMD PhD)to schedule an interview. Unfortunately, I did not received such email and I applied the same program.

just wondering if Yale SPH sends out all the interviews at once or sequentially( like: for domestic applicants, on-site interview, for international applicants, phone interview, with a different date, etc...)

Thanks

It's up to each individual faculty member to send out the interviews (whether it's email or phone call). So it could be staggered.