Scholarships interview for MDiv at Princeton Theological Seminary

San22

Hello everyone!

I am an international student who applied for the Mdiv at PTS for next year. I am required to do an interview for scholarships but it is really hard to find information to prepare for this interview. Does anyone attended this interview? It would be really helpful if you can share your interview experience and questions you received at PTS. Please give me some advice on preparing for this!

I really appreciate your help!:)

Edited by San22

• San22 changed the title to Scholarships interview for MDiv at Princeton Theological Seminary

Back when I interviewed, it was short - 15-30 minutes. They asked me questions about my favorite theologians, anything I found on the website that I was especially interested about, what I hoped to accomplish post-PTS, etc.

I didn't attend PTS but I can tell you they were interested in getting a sense of my curiosity. From others that have posted here, it's mostly learn more about you questions and try to get a gauge of how you think.

1 hour ago, xypathos said:

Back when I interviewed, it was short - 15-30 minutes. They asked me questions about my favorite theologians, anything I found on the website that I was especially interested about, what I hoped to accomplish post-PTS, etc.

I didn't attend PTS but I can tell you they were interested in getting a sense of my curiosity. From others that have posted here, it's mostly learn more about you questions and try to get a gauge of how you think.

Thank you so much xypathos! I really appreciate your advice!

I wanna add one more question, do you think a interviewer read the application of a interviewee before they atted the interview? I think this interview is quite different than other schools interview since it can be implemented even before the completion of an application. I am bit confused if I need to talk about a to z, what I am writing on application or they already have some idea about me.

I would fully expect that they've read relevant application material. When I worked in Admissions, we provided personal statements, and when relevant, writing samples to interviewers. Interviewers generally didn't have access to transcripts, anything marked sensitive, or things that might bias them going into the interview. I don't know PTS' policies though.

I attended PTS for the MDiv. When I interviewed in 2016 it was super casual. Dean John White led it in his office, and as xypathos mentioned, it was mostly centered around calling and curiosity. Mostly the questions you'd expect- he wanted to know why I wanted to attend there and why did I think PTS would be helpful for me. He also specifically asked what authors I had been influenced by. 

Your experience could vary of course, but I never heard of anyone who felt like the interview was challenging. 

• 1 month later...