UPenn GSE 2023

eduforall

Yes, congrats! I'm an ECS finalist and I'm surprised to hear that there are folks attending the weekend in-person — at least for ECS the interviews have all been online over the course of this past week and the information session is happening virtually on the morning of the 28th. I doubt the format has anything to do with anyone's chances of admission, though. 

Edited by whycollege

• 2 weeks later...

My application status had said “Awaiting Decision” since September, when I submitted my application. If I recall correctly, it said the same yesterday too. But I checked the portal just now and it has switched to “submitted.” I did not get an interview and don’t have hope anymore for admission, but I do wonder if the results will be released soon. Has anyone gotten a decision yet?

Edited by mintchocol8e

Mine still says awaiting decision. But I know I got rejected, since someone shared their acceptance at the PhD I applied to:

Educational Linguistics, University Of Pennsylvania I haven't got the official notification from the university. However, I got an email from my PoI saying that I have been admitted to the program.
Added on February 06, 2023

Accepted on 4 Feb Fall 2023 International PhD  0

4 hours ago, tep654 said:

Does anyone else now have the application status "decided"? There's no other info but I haven't received an email with an update either. I'm on the edge of my seat!

image.png.8f9aa17251eb1fc05227fd4624170699.png

Guys, any update from Penn?

59 minutes ago, Sherbrooke6888 said:

Mine says "decided" also (PhD in education, culture and society). I honestly don't understand why they couldn't just tell us if it's decided already - it'll be a generic letter anyways I presume. 

Wondering if there's anyone who does not have a status change to "Decided". (Still in "Awaiting Decision"). Please post here.

Trying to guess if it's a generic status change or if it means something ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 7:59 PM, al723 said:

Hi! Is anyone here anticipating a decision for a master’s program? 

Best of luck to all!

Hey! I’m currently awaiting my decision for a masters program. The forum from last cycle made it seem like many students heard on March 3rd, which is Friday. So fingers crossed. Good luck!

2 hours ago, bm98 said:

Hey! I’m currently awaiting my decision for a masters program. The forum from last cycle made it seem like many students heard on March 3rd, which is Friday. So fingers crossed. Good luck!

Good to know! Thank you and good luck to you as well 🤩

Mine just changed to decided as well! Share any updates please!

Edited by bm98