Phd after B.tech

cappuccino

Hi

I am Shivani Grover. I have completed my B.tech in bioinformatics D.Y Patil university mumbai in juy 2010.

My aim is to do Phd. So, i have registered for GRE in october. When i was browsing the universities i came to know that i can directly go for Phd after my bachelors.

My academics is very good. I currently working in a cancer reserach institute. My focus for future work is Structural biology.

Can anyone guide me on how to go about getting a Phd admission without doing Masters.

Should i apply to a universities like Stanford. Do i have any chance of getting there without doing Masters from a very reputed university?

Pls any help would be very welcome.

Shivani

Are you looking into doing PhD in the United States? In United States, you don't need a MS to do PhD (I think most of the science programs don't, others can correct me). There is not much to it besides submitting your application to the schools.

Hey Shivani,

Dont worry for most programs in Biology you dont need MS to join PhD.... Except in Europe, other places (mostly US ) are quite flexible in this requirement.... And first of all, try to generate a small list of universities based on your research interest...Don't just go on the brand name...Look for your interests. Typically Ivy League Schools are a tough nut to crack... try--www.usnews.com, for getting names of various US universities and their respective rankings....However don't select the universities based on the rankings, use them as a starting point....

Hi

I am Shivani Grover. I have completed my B.tech in bioinformatics D.Y Patil university mumbai in juy 2010.

My aim is to do Phd. So, i have registered for GRE in october. When i was browsing the universities i came to know that i can directly go for Phd after my bachelors.

My academics is very good. I currently working in a cancer reserach institute. My focus for future work is Structural biology.

Can anyone guide me on how to go about getting a Phd admission without doing Masters.

Should i apply to a universities like Stanford. Do i have any chance of getting there without doing Masters from a very reputed university?

Pls any help would be very welcome.

Shivani