GRE scores on CV?

getmeout

Is it ever appropriate to include GRE scores on a CV?

One of the Religion PhD programs to which I am applying requested a copy of my CV to circulate to faculty in order to set up on campus meetings. My verbal score is in the high 700s, and given that the faculty will not have the benefit of the rest of my application at this point I am wondering whether I should include my GRE scores.

I thought I'd post this question as it may be relevant to others as well. Thanks for the advice....

Is it ever appropriate to include GRE scores on a CV?

One of the Religion PhD programs to which I am applying requested a copy of my CV to circulate to faculty in order to set up on campus meetings. My verbal score is in the high 700s, and given that the faculty will not have the benefit of the rest of my application at this point I am wondering whether I should include my GRE scores.

I thought I'd post this question as it may be relevant to others as well. Thanks for the advice....

I haven't seen GRE scores on any CV I've seen. You've got a great verbal score, but I don't think that they are going to be concerned with that just yet. I think they're more going to be concerned with your experience and how your interests match theirs. So I don't think that you should put it on your CV -get them excited about your interests and your research experience.

I would't put your GRE score on your CV. First of all, it doesn't really fit, but more importantly the school has requested your CV to set up on campus meetings. This means they are trying to match you with faculty with similar interests. Your GRE score will not impact who you should meet with.