2023 Theatre/Performance Studies

DoctorMusical

On 2/28/2023 at 5:55 PM, DoctorMusical said:

Is Columbia going out with a second round of interviews after making an offer?!

I didn't apply to Columbia, but in researching the program I've only ever heard of them having 2 interview rounds. I always assumed they did 2 rounds of interviews, then one batch of admissions, not two rounds of offers. But maybe they do! Either way, hoping the best for you and your work. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dancedance said:

Hey yall - hope everyone's hangin in there!

I am now on a handful of waitlists... Anyone have a sense of how and when those might move?

Also, on the NYU waitlist. Does anyone know if I still have a chance? 

The PhD waitlist or the MA waitlist?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey, I applied and interviewed at Northwestern for the PhD in performance studies. I haven't heard anything since my interviews, but I've seen one person in this thread report being waitlisted, I've seen one acceptance via FB, and one rejection on here in the admission results section.

I'm not sure what to think right now, but I'm getting more anxious every day. The website says that once a decision has been rendered, your application page will update with a link to view the decision letter, but so far mine hasn't updated. Nothing in spam. 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, comically_mischievous said:

Hey, I applied and interviewed at Northwestern for the PhD in performance studies. I haven't heard anything since my interviews, but I've seen one person in this thread report being waitlisted, I've seen one acceptance via FB, and one rejection on here in the admission results section.

I'm not sure what to think right now, but I'm getting more anxious every day. The website says that once a decision has been rendered, your application page will update with a link to view the decision letter, but so far mine hasn't updated. Nothing in spam. 

I was rejected and have heard of others who got in at this point. I would reach out to them directly to make sure you get an answer!