University of Washington CS PhD 2023 | Waiting it out

SigmaAdmitter

On 1/20/2023 at 12:13 AM, AlphaDelta said:

I am applying to UW in similar domains, but I haven't received any interview invite yet...

To be fair, do you think you have a profile that should get an offer statistically ? If yes, and you didn't, maybe they are just late at this point.

39 minutes ago, SigmaAdmitter said:

To be fair, do you think you have a profile that should get an offer statistically ? If yes, and you didn't, maybe they are just late at this point.

Tbh, I am not so sure... I also applied to UIUC, and the interviews with my POIs there went smoothly. Since IMO UIUC's CS graduate program should also be quite competitive, I expected that at least I should get an interview from UW.

1 minute ago, AlphaDelta said:

Tbh, I am not so sure... I also applied to UIUC, and the interviews with my POIs there went smoothly. Since IMO UIUC's CS graduate program should also be quite competitive, I expected that at least I should get an interview from UW.

But at this point in time, since I still haven't heard back from UW, I think the chance of me getting interviewed/admitted will be quite low.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:35 AM, AlphaDelta said:

That is wierd, maybe Systems professors are late. I've applied to OS and CompArch profs.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:23 AM, AlphaDelta said:

Hi, an update from my side. I did my interview today with my POI from UW. But it did not go very well... I failed to answer one of his/her questions.

It means, the process in still going on, did he tell you when the round up or results will be announced ?

8 hours ago, SigmaAdmitter said:

It means, the process in still going on, did he tell you when the round up or results will be announced ?

No he/she did not... But in the end he/she mentioned that though my research exp is interesting, there might be potentially better candidates, and he/she needs to submit the input into the committee, which will make the final decision. I took his/her saying that "there might be potentially better candidates" as a negative sign.

1 hour ago, AlphaDelta said:

No he/she did not... But in the end he/she mentioned that though my research exp is interesting, there might be potentially better candidates, and he/she needs to submit the input into the committee, which will make the final decision. I took his/her saying that "there might be potentially better candidates" as a negative sign.

Best of luck !! I am mostly rejected then it seems from University of Washington.

• 2 weeks later...