MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

On 5/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, MPHopefully said:

Has anyone heard from uoft health promo recently?

You should email Suzanne Jackson directly and she'll update you on your application. Waitlist emails went out on May 5 so it is likely it's a rejection if you haven't heard back. The grad office takes a while to send out official rejection emails.

3 hours ago, sunnygurl said:

Yes, I'm waitlisted for Brock and Western. Patiently waiting 🥱

The wait is excruciating... 😪 But it can be so reassuring to know there are others experiencing the same. Do you know if they've given out any information as to how far along the waitlist you are or the chances at this point? Starting to loose hope at this point and am considering other employment options. Definitely this process makes a big impact on some life decisions. I've received no updates from Dr. Ludwa or Dr. Faught at Brock  as of yet... 

22 hours ago, XYZPublichealth said:

The wait is excruciating... 😪 But it can be so reassuring to know there are others experiencing the same. Do you know if they've given out any information as to how far along the waitlist you are or the chances at this point? Starting to loose hope at this point and am considering other employment options. Definitely this process makes a big impact on some life decisions. I've received no updates from Dr. Ludwa or Dr. Faught at Brock  as of yet... 

On 5/30/2023 at 11:59 AM, sunnygurl said:

Yes, I'm waitlisted for Brock and Western. Patiently waiting 🥱

Big mood y'all, I'm waitlisted for Waterloo... really hoping there's still a chance to get in... GOOD LUCK!

• 3 weeks later...

Little late, but for the sake of future applicants browsing this channel (like I did the last 6-7 months): UofT MPH epi sent out acceptances on June 13th (3:20 pm ish - I got my acceptance in this round!) and June 27th. I saw an epi rejection go out on June 21st as well.

Any advices or information anyone has based on previous experiences about the waitlist at BrockU for their MPH program? I know the waitlist is "active" until August 28th, 2023 this cycle.

My portal still says waitlisted applicant, definitely feeling discouraged at this point and gauging at if there has been any previous years applicants getting offers this late?

Dr. Ludwa has been unresponsive, I've received no emails or updates back from her since May. 

On 7/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, XYZPublichealth said:

Any advices or information anyone has based on previous experiences about the waitlist at BrockU for their MPH program? I know the waitlist is "active" until August 28th, 2023 this cycle.

My portal still says waitlisted applicant, definitely feeling discouraged at this point and gauging at if there has been any previous years applicants getting offers this late?

Dr. Ludwa has been unresponsive, I've received no emails or updates back from her since May. 

My online application status for Brock was updated to "Not Admitted" on June 9, 2023. Hoping you receive some positive news in the near future! 🍀🤞

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 8:48 AM, MPH2023applicant said:

Movement on the McMaster waitlist. I declined the offer but hopefully this means good news for one of you!

Thank you for posting this. This gives us people on waitlists a lot of hope, although at this point I really don't know . I'm still on the waitlist for brock, i've reached out to the admissions and Dr. Ludwa just mentioned the class is full but in the past there has been august movements. I'm remaining hopeful, i checked my portal and everything still looks the same and shows up a waitlist...... I wish there was so kind of list that we could at least see how we rank and how many people are on these waitlists. Would sure help reduce anxiety 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 5:16 PM, NYsays said:

Hello, Anyone on Brock waitlist heard anything or saw anything changing on their portal? The waitlist was active till 28th Aug but my portal is still showing "on waitlist". I emailed Dr. Ludwa couple of times but no response. 

Hey, I'm in the same boat, it's showing up as waitlisted, I know that tuition is due for graduate programs at Brock September 6th and registration for courses deadline is september 19th. So maybe there are still some people who haven't paid tuition yet and might be thinking of dropping?? 

5 hours ago, XYZPublichealth said:

Hey, I'm in the same boat, it's showing up as waitlisted, I know that tuition is due for graduate programs at Brock September 6th and registration for courses deadline is september 19th. So maybe there are still some people who haven't paid tuition yet and might be thinking of dropping?? 

Oh really! I was so confused and curious. I emailed them as well but literally no response. My eyes are literallg tired seeing this waitlist things, LOL. I thought the portal is not updated to not admitted. Anyways, do you have any idea when is the course actually starting? On the academic calender it starts on 6th September so how would they sent out more offers, its like hanging to the last string attached. If not this year, they should atleast offer us for next year 😄 which never happens I know. 

There are so many things which are confusing. They literally said this in email that thier waitlist is active till August end, I wish the system was bit transparent and they should let us know whats happening. Secondly, I know there were a lot of people who had to take pre requisite epidemiology course and exam, the exam was 2 days ago, so it might be another reason that if they are dropping. Not sure whats happening.