MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

Yo, I am from pharmacy background, trying to get into MPH . I have applied to u of Ottawa . Wanted to apply for lakehead as well but wont, because there have clearly stated on their website that they do not accept pharmacy students. My only good option left now is guelph. 

vvvv scared, anyone has anyidea what are my chances of getting into u of ottawa my cgpa is 9.40

Hello! I applied to uOttawa because it's my home base and I'm interested in their public health policy stream and international links. Nervous because I'm a first gen for applying to grad school. 

Bachelor program: Health Sciences, Population and Public Health option

Grades: 8.68/10 (first year shredded my GPA, but I bounced back)

Work experience: 3 roles in the federal government through FSWEP (science advisor in aquatic health science, data analyst in public safety, and innovation analyst in program evaluation/occupational wellness)

Volunteer experience: delegate to the UN CSW67, health communications writer for Farm Radio International, member of a youth policy maker group that focuses on international development issues, community health educator, and content writer for Sex[M]ed

Research experience: research team member for a SRHR research group at uOttawa

Edited by Theblessednight
Clarification

4 hours ago, verake said:

Hi! I applied to UBC, SFU, and UVic. The status has changed to "in progress" or "under review" for me, is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Hey yeah that's fine, the first initial stage of review is them ensuring you meet all requirements before they begin to assess your application (GPA, uploaded all the files you needed to etc), from there they'll begin reviewing our applications. We got this!!

On 2/2/2023 at 1:32 AM, Riri123 said:

Hi, has your status changed to under review for uni of alberta?

Mine is also under review! I hope we hear back soon, last year took so long. Does anyone know around when we'll get responses??

Edited by s123

11 minutes ago, purplegiraffe22 said:

Can I ask, what was your gpa? And did they say why you got rejected?

My GPA is 3.00 but I have three years of public health experience and five years of project and program management experiences. They never give the reasons of rejection unless you email them and I haven't yet. 

52 minutes ago, summelon2 said:

My application still says "submitted" and documents as "received" for UofT's MPH program (Social & Behavioural Health Sciences). Anyone else's status changed since the submission last month? Thanks in advance :) 

Hey emailed Suzanne Jackson (program director) on Tuesday (Feb 14th) and this is what she said: We are sending out the applications this week to the reviewers. There are a series of steps and the first round of acceptances should go out in early April.

53 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

Hey emailed Suzanne Jackson (program director) on Tuesday (Feb 14th) and this is what she said: We are sending out the applications this week to the reviewers. There are a series of steps and the first round of acceptances should go out in early April.

Hey! Thanks so much for this - I really appreciate it.