MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

28 minutes ago, Natasha.01 said:

Thats great news, congratulations 😃, mine is still Under Review.

Thank You. I only know of one other person who has been recommended for admission. And, according to their letter, they accepted 80 students last year out of 500. Maybe this week they'll send out the remaining offers.

All the very best.

1 hour ago, Riri123 said:

Thank You. I only know of one other person who has been recommended for admission. And, according to their letter, they accepted 80 students last year out of 500. Maybe this week they'll send out the remaining offers.

All the very best.

Waow 80 is alot but i guess the number was due to multiple streams within MPH. Currently there is only one general MPH program. Hoping for the best !!!

A little update to those who are still waiting like me from Alberta! Someone on Reddit updated me that their friend emailed the school of public health, and the first rounds of admissions are already sent out (I assume last week because that's when other people got theirs). I'm not sure if this is the same for MSc streams, but most likely. Anyhow, the second round of admissions will be mid April. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

1 hour ago, Zandra said:

Hi,

I applied to Ottawa, Queen's, Western, Toronto and McMaster's. Has anyone received an acceptance or rejection? Or has anyone received any information about when they should come out?

I also applied to Toronto, Western, Mcmaster and Ottawa! I haven't got any updates but I know someone got an offer from Mcmaster in Feb.

12 hours ago, LesleyZhang said:

I also applied to Toronto, Western, Mcmaster and Ottawa! I haven't got any updates but I know someone got an offer from Mcmaster in Feb.

International or domestic student? I heard that international students get their offer early.

I received a mail from U of A stating "Your relationship to the university has changed. The following modifications will occur to your U of A account: 

• Gmail storage limit set to 100 MB
  • Google Apps access revoked and related data removed (Drive, Calendar, Photos, Docs, etc.

Does this mean i am rejected ? 

4 hours ago, Natasha.01 said:

I received a mail from U of A stating "Your relationship to the university has changed. The following modifications will occur to your U of A account: 

• Gmail storage limit set to 100 MB
  • Google Apps access revoked and related data removed (Drive, Calendar, Photos, Docs, etc.

Does this mean i am rejected ? 

Were you a previous UofA student? Because I graduated from my undergrad at UofA last year and so this year they had sent an email saying that alumni’s emails would be changing and we wouldn’t have as much storage, so I had to transfer my things on Google Drive to my other gmail account. 

5 minutes ago, d0518 said:

Were you a previous UofA student? Because I graduated from my undergrad at UofA last year and so this year they had sent an email saying that alumni’s emails would be changing and we wouldn’t have as much storage, so I had to transfer my things on Google Drive to my other gmail account. 

I think this is unrelated to the admissions. 

Hi everyone, I've applied to both UBC and SFU. While UBC says my application is "in progress," SFU says "submitted." Wondering if it is the same for any SFU applicants here who have not received any news. Anyone here has a different status other than "submitted" for SFU right now? 

Good luck everyone!!

51 minutes ago, d0518 said:

No. im not a UofA alumni. this is my first time applying. 

51 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

I think this is unrelated to the admissions. 

i dont know 😕 i have a strong feeling this is related to being put as rejected in the system hence gmail access being revoked because what else relationship do i have with the university ?

Hey all, jumping in on the train. I applied to Brock, Lakehead, Uvic and Waterloo, all Online as I want continue working while I pursue my masters. 

I was waitlisted in 2021, decided to take some time and reapply.  Probably was beneficial as I gained so much more experience and have an idea of the route I want to go now. 

Stats: 2 undergrad degrees one in Bio/psych, the other in public health (~3.7)

Worked in public health last 3 years. Held a variety of leadership positions in regards to clubs on campus, have volunteered in the hospital for a few years. Have 2 certifications in relation to public health (currently working towards my CIC). Have done research during my undergrad, directed and published a paper, and did field work for another one. I am also an active career mentor with my university. 

Fingers crossed this round works!

55 minutes ago, audreyzz said:

Hi everyone, I've applied to both UBC and SFU. While UBC says my application is "in progress," SFU says "submitted." Wondering if it is the same for any SFU applicants here who have not received any news. Anyone here has a different status other than "submitted" for SFU right now? 

Good luck everyone!!

Someone in this thread got a rejection email near mid/end feb for SFU. Keep an eye out.

5 hours ago, Natasha.01 said:

i dont know 😕 i have a strong feeling this is related to being put as rejected in the system hence gmail access being revoked because what else relationship do i have with the university ?

Hey don't stress lol, mine says the exact same thing and I just interpreted it as we were given temporary accounts that expire in a month but if we become students we'll get full access. I'm worried but we'll see what happens

On 3/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, jzysan said:

A little update to those who are still waiting like me from Alberta! Someone on Reddit updated me that their friend emailed the school of public health, and the first rounds of admissions are already sent out (I assume last week because that's when other people got theirs). I'm not sure if this is the same for MSc streams, but most likely. Anyhow, the second round of admissions will be mid April. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Thanks for this, I'm waiting for UofA amongst other schools like UBC and SFU so I guess I just have to wait till mid April since the first round of admissions have gone out ://// 

1 hour ago, purplerain342 said:

Thanks for this, I'm waiting for UofA amongst other schools like UBC and SFU so I guess I just have to wait till mid April since the first round of admissions have gone out ://// 

Don't worry! Sending positive vibes. I'm waiting as well, and I have spoken to many others who are also waiting for the second round, so I hope we hear good news soon. Maybe more spots will open up after others decline!