MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

3 hours ago, hnnm said:

Hi!! I got accepted to the Queen's MPH program too! Does anyone know how large the cohort is?

Hi - Congratulations! I also got accepted! According to the one-page information sheet on their website, it looks like it's approximately 45 students. 

(Link: https://phs.queensu.ca/source/2022 08 04 Info sheet on MPH program for prosp students.pdf)

3 hours ago, MPH2023applicant said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? Only if you're comfortable!

Absolutely! Thank you so much for asking!

Program: Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences 

Research Experience: I worked as a Research Assistant at uOttawa over the summer. I am also an honours research student, a volunteer undergraduate researcher for a Ph.D. candidate’s thesis, and currently working with PHAC.

Overall GPA: 8.4/10 (I did so badly in my first year, but I worked hard to pull my GPA up)

I volunteered a lot for my community and my campus. 

Good luck! I hope you receive a response soon!

20 minutes ago, Calabaza.. said:

Absolutely! Thank you so much for asking!

Program: Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences 

Research Experience: I worked as a Research Assistant at uOttawa over the summer. I am also an honours research student, a volunteer undergraduate researcher for a Ph.D. candidate’s thesis, and currently working with PHAC.

Overall GPA: 8.4/10 (I did so badly in my first year, but I worked hard to pull my GPA up)

I volunteered a lot for my community and my campus. 

Good luck! I hope you receive a response soon!

Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize they updated my uozone on Friday with an acceptance! I was checking my email constantly but totally forgot about that!

Hi everyone! Got an unofficial acceptance this morning for the MSc Epidemiology (application is being forwarded to FGSR). This is after I contacted them and asked about when admission offers would be going out. They originally told me "in the coming weeks" so don't give up hope!!

On 3/16/2023 at 10:15 PM, FoodieMPH said:

Also, I was wrong about the fact they accept everyone. I am talking to a faculty member/prof in the program and this year they had more applications than last year, hundreds of applicants, it was highly competitive.

I guess those who don’t get in just don’t post, so it doesn’t seem competitive, but it is.

Yeah I agree they definitely got hundreds of applications, just us really eager applicants got on grad cafe. UofA doesn't let in just anyone so if you got in you are definitely highly qualified 

4 minutes ago, purplerain342 said:

Yeah I agree they definitely got hundreds of applications, just us really eager applicants got on grad cafe. UofA doesn't let in just anyone so if you got in you are definitely highly qualified 

Do you happen to know if the 700 applicants includes those looking to get into the MSc programs?

l

1 hour ago, acran0715 said:

Hi everyone! Got an unofficial acceptance this morning for the MSc Epidemiology (application is being forwarded to FGSR). This is after I contacted them and asked about when admission offers would be going out. They originally told me "in the coming weeks" so don't give up hope!!

Which school did you get accepted to?

1 hour ago, purplerain342 said:

Yes. So I already go to UofA and I decided to drop in and talk with an advisor last week. They said they had a couple hundred more applicants than even last year. So this year it has the same acceptance rate as UofA medical school at less than 10%.

So we all should be happy we got in. It should be an interesting cohort.