MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

8 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

UofT MPH health promotion people, I emailed Suzanne (program director) and she said they have made decisions and first wave of acceptance will go out next week (Easter week). Good luck everyone!!

Thank you for letting us know! This is so nerve wracking, hoping we all hear some good news! 

Just now, winter509 said:

Still waiting on UBC, UofT, and McMaster! UBC is especially nerve-wracking, since I see so many people already have their decisions. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Fingers crossed for you! What does it say for your status for McMaster? 

47 minutes ago, autumn028 said:

Still waiting for McMaster and UofT. Anyone heard from McMaster ? My status still says “submitted.” Does anyone’s say any differently? 

Someone on Reddit got an acceptance today! Offers should be coming out now for McMaster 

Edited by MPHopefully

14 minutes ago, kjane99 said:

I finally got an offer of admission to Brock's MPH program today!! Congrats to everyone else who has received admission offers and best of luck to those still waiting to hear :)

I just got one too! No email, just portal. Congrats to you & everyone else! :) 

I got rejected from McMaster, but they offered me a chance to apply for the Graduate Diploma in Community and Public Health (GDCPH) program lol; I received the letter in my spam folder so be sure to check it

Edited by zxra9250

32 minutes ago, zxra9250 said:

I got rejected from McMaster, but they offered me a chance to apply for the Graduate Diploma in Community and Public Health (GDCPH) program lol; I received the letter in my spam folder so be sure to check it

Got a rejection too unfortunately, but I think I might consider applying to their GDCPH if an MPH doesn’t work out this year 

2 hours ago, MPHopefully said:

Got a rejection too unfortunately, but I think I might consider applying to their GDCPH if an MPH doesn’t work out this year 

That’s so interesting, because I haven’t heard of this program before, but I went online to do some digging and found an interesting justification for why they created this graduate certificate.

”Since inception of the MPH in 2015 at McMaster we have steadily received an increasing number of applications that far exceeded our enrolment capacity. From 2016-2020 there have been hundreds of applications per year for 35 seats. Most of whom met the competitive requirements. Amidst the pandemic, for the 2021-2022 academic year, the MPH received over 600 applications for 35 seats. Thus, there is clearly demand from students for public health training that we are not currently able to fulfill. The GDCPH may appeal to a subgroup of these applicants due to its practice-oriented nature and its flexibility.

For the 2021-2022 academic year, the GDCE has invited all qualified MPH applicants with a B+ average or above with complete applications (n=219), and 10 of them received the GDCE offer. »

So basically it is a shorter, more practical certificate they offer to people to close the gap between offer and demand fir public health training. I found it interesting.

Definitely sounds like a good option.

3 hours ago, MPHopefully said:

Based on the above-mentioned description it seems like you were among their competitive applicants.

Please don’t be too hard on yourself for not getting accepted, based on these statistics it seems like they have 5% acceptance rate and have to reject a lot of highly qualified applicants. It is not on you.

Edited by FoodieMPH

11 hours ago, Popcorn21 said:

UofT MPH health promotion people, I emailed Suzanne (program director) and she said they have made decisions and first wave of acceptance will go out next week (Easter week). Good luck everyone!!

Thanks so much for the update! Hopefully we hear back early on in the week. Best of luck guys :)

3 hours ago, FoodieMPH said:

Based on the above-mentioned description it seems like you were among their competitive applicants.

Please don’t be too hard on yourself for not getting accepted, based on these statistics it seems like they have 5% acceptance rate and have to reject a lot of highly qualified applicants. It is not on you.

Wow, thank you so much for the kind comment. I was definitely spiralling after I got the result and this is what I needed to hear. Just got to remain positive!  :)

I also agree with you that the GDCPH seems like a good option, and might be a good fit for my interests!