MPH 2023 Canada

PHWarrior

15 minutes ago, mph2149 said:

It just says this for me, status last updated Mar 30. I did submit on Jan 24. Hopefully this means we'll get decisions soon? 

Screenshot_20230330_221947_com.android.chrome_edit_1086582543162844.jpg

Mine has said that since March 3rd..... and I submitted on the second last day also. Maybe it has to do when your reference were submitted? Mine were submitted already when i handed my application in on the 30th of january.

Edited by MPHUOT
clarification

10 minutes ago, MPHUOT said:

Mine has said that since March 3rd..... and I submitted on the second last day also. Maybe it has to do when your reference were submitted? Mine were submitted already when i handed my application in on the 30th of january.

Hmm, interesting. I had one reference already submitted about two weeks before, but my second got theirs in on the day it was due lol. Like supervisor like student.

3 hours ago, qiwang18 said:

congrats! do you know how many offers from Msc Epidemiology have been sent out so far? My status stills says "undr review" and I haven't heard any update.

I have no idea honestly. I've only seen two including myself on these forums.

51 minutes ago, MPHUOT said:

So within the last hour, mine has changed to say my file is complete. Scary stuff

13 hours ago, romcom29 said:

Has anyone heard from the University of Alberta? I applied to the MSc program.

On this forum, two of us (including me) was offered a spot from U of A. I know one other person on Reddit who got an offer too, but this is because all of us had supervisors reached out or beforehand. When you have a supervisor, the process is a lot faster compared to no supervisor. If not, I think you would have to wait. What stream are you in?

6 hours ago, qiwang18 said:

congrats! do you know how many offers from Msc Epidemiology have been sent out so far? My status stills says "undr review" and I haven't heard any update.

Hope you hear soon! I think it takes a little longer if a supervisor hasn't contacted you yet. Most likely, interviews or emails are going on to see which student they will accept. Good luck!!

Hi everyone!

Applied for MPH last year to UofT (rejection), Brock (waitlist, then rejection), and Waterloo (rejection). 

Applied for the same programs this year and was accepted to Brock (Mar 30)! Still waiting for UofT and Waterloo. If anyone is wondering, I have until April 14th to accept the offer.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:28 AM, allydaagator said:

Any word from UVIC? or Lakehead online? Pretty radio silent. 

I got an acceptance from Lakehead's online program on March 23rd. I had to make a decision by April 12th, so I am assuming 2nd rounds of offers will come out after that.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:44 PM, jzysan said:

On this forum, two of us (including me) was offered a spot from U of A. I know one other person on Reddit who got an offer too, but this is because all of us had supervisors reached out or beforehand. When you have a supervisor, the process is a lot faster compared to no supervisor. If not, I think you would have to wait. What stream are you in?

Congrats! I applied to the Health Policy Research program. I did not reach out to a supervisor beforehand. What program did you apply to?

3 hours ago, romcom29 said:

Congrats! I applied to the Health Policy Research program. I did not reach out to a supervisor beforehand. What program did you apply to?

I applied to Global Health stream! Hopefully, a supervisor reaches out to you soon! I believe offers are still rolling out.

On 3/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, MPHHopeful_ said:

Has anyone heard back from UofT? I applied to the black health stream, but at this point I'm curious to know if anyone who applied to nay of the streams has heard back. My application status just says "submitted" and my documents are "received".

Hey, so I just came across this last night and thought I would share with you and anyone applying to the Black Health stream at UofT.

This was posted on the program's twitter page on March 27, 2023.."Dear applicants, reviews are in progress and you have not made it easy so enjoy your life because we need all of April to weed it down! @mph_blackhealth

i received my unofficial admission letter on March 17 from UofA, MPH. I have been ever since waiting for the official admission letter from FGSR which should be issued in about 3 weeks after the unofficial letter. Havent heard back up until now and its stressing me out on wether did i actually get in or no ? 😕 

23 minutes ago, mphing said:

when does everyone think the UofT admissions will come out. any guesses lol?

I think first wave of admissions will roll out this week for Health promotion stream, when I emailed Suzanne (program director) thats what she said to me.

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything from Guelph? Bcs I emailed them adn this is what they said:

“The MPH admissions committee has met and selected the applicants who will receive offers and offers will be processed within the coming weeks. Generally, decisions are communicated to applicants typically sometime in mid-late April.”

What does it mean by “met and selected” Were there interviews for Guelph MPH?

2 minutes ago, Mphapplicant5784 said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything from Guelph? Bcs I emailed them adn this is what they said:

“The MPH admissions committee has met and selected the applicants who will receive offers and offers will be processed within the coming weeks. Generally, decisions are communicated to applicants typically sometime in mid-late April.”

What does it mean by “met and selected” Were there interviews for Guelph MPH?

Oops I think they meant, the admission’s committee met. Pls ignore lol.

4 hours ago, Natasha.01 said:

i received my unofficial admission letter on March 17 from UofA, MPH. I have been ever since waiting for the official admission letter from FGSR which should be issued in about 3 weeks after the unofficial letter. Havent heard back up until now and its stressing me out on wether did i actually get in or no ? 😕 

oops. just received my official admission letter 🤗

7 hours ago, Natasha.01 said:

You should be getting in. They just take time to process letters.