HDS master interview 2023

thinkinganame

Hello everyone! 

As part of the application process, HDS will send interview emails to some applicants of MDiv and MTS in late Jan./Feb.

1, Has anyone received such invitation this year?
2, any tips from last year applicants? what questions did they ask? 

Thanks in advance 

Greetings, 

Not sure it's appropriate to inquire, as the poster above did, "what questions did they ask?"

Let's remember we're applying to DIVINITY SCHOOL. As such, we're expected to be role models of ethics. 

Just food for thought...

Greetings, Faithgirl

Pointing out the inappropriateness of a particular line of inquiry is not a matter of "deciding ethics for others." The original poster's question is tantamount to asking a classmate "what was on the exam?" 

If you in particular are totally ok with that as someone entering Divinity School, where -- yes -- we do deal with ETHICAL issues in society, then, alas, that reveals the type of Divinity student and subsequent professional you will be.

Maybe you can serve in the next Trump administration, as his spiritual and ethics advisor. You appear to have comparable values.

Nevertheless, thank you for your prudent suggestion that I hop off this thread, considering the caliber of participants on it currently. That is good counsel.

Accordingly, I am now signing off... No further reading or writing here on this thread. Stay safe and well, all.

There are, of course, lots of perfectly ethical ways to reply to this question. Instead of thinking of it as "what was on the exam?" we could, for example, think of it more like "what is the *format* of the exam?" If there are charitable and uncharitable ways to interpret a question, then I would hesitate either to condemn it as "inappropriate" without clarification, or to condemn a stranger on the internet as a Trump-level moral vacuum.

Personally I'm just waiting and hoping, and curious to hear anyone else's news :)

Hi guys, I am an international student applying for MTS program. To update everything about the application: I submitted my application at 5th of Jan, got an "application was completed" email at 27th of Jan. But haven't received invitation for the interview.

1 hour ago, thinkinganame said:

Does that mean applicants who do not receive interview invitations won't be accepted? 

That is to say, are interviews the Must processes for all MTS MDiv students who got the offers last year? 

I think so but l can’t figure it out for certain. I’m tempted to ask but always shy away from bugging admissions reps.

I applied to the MTS for this fall; no invitation yet. Who knows if they go down a list by name, program, etc.

If you have been interviewed, this is a sign that you are on the list be admitted.

Now, I don't know if they interview more students than they can take and then narrow down the list.

I doubt it because HDS accepts a large cohort of more than 100 students - at least for the past two years.

I am currently at HDS. I helped a friend of mine with his HDS application - after having been denied admission three times by HDS.

None of the times he was denied did he receive a request to interview.

The year he was admitted, he did get one!

Good luck!