2023 Waitlist Thread

1 minute ago, postcolonialdialectics said:

Thank you! So are CUNY and NW for you, I hope to see happy posts from your side soon. 

Also, if you're planning on rejecting UT-Austin, may I ask if you're in RhetComp there or Lit?

Thank you:) and I’m in lit. Currently deciding between WashU and Fordham, but am still considering UTA a bit since it’s hard to strongly pass on that offer even though the stipend isn’t that good. 

1 minute ago, ittybittylitty said:

Thank you:) and I’m in lit. Currently deciding between WashU and Fordham, but am still considering UTA a bit since it’s hard to strongly pass on that offer even though the stipend isn’t that good. 

WashU is great since they just got a good DH hire but then, it's always a pleasure to work alongside a strong Rhetoric program as DH scholars. I would totally recommend talking to grad students at WashU before you make your choice because of the university's reputation of being too competitive. We can also chat about this without spilling too much on the Forums. I'm sure you'll make the right choice, you have amazing options!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 9:41 PM, Shuyaaaa said:

Waitlisted at UF. Though I don't think there will be any waitlist movement, but I'll wait until early April and see how it goes.

I got lifted off the waitlist yesterday! Definitely my dream program but I'm a bit worried about DeSantis bill. Will be meeting with DGS to discuss the offer next week.