MA Application Thread - Fall 2023

pure petroleum jelly

Just want to chime in and say I was accepted for the MA at UNC-Chapel Hill! I was mostly applying to library science programs, but since I did art history in undergrad, I applied for their MA/MSLS dual degree program. They're pretty bad about funding (and were up front about it when I visited), but I feel like I hacked it by getting the library school to fully fund me. Seems like it's gonna be pretty difficult for my other programs to offer the same.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Hi, I need some advices for school decision. I got admission of MA Art History from UT Austin and NYU IFA. Both without funding unfortunately :( 

My field is in modern and contemporary art. I did some researches of the study experience at NYU IFA, but I don’t know much about UT Austin’s MA program.  I’m an international student and aiming at applying PhD after my master program, could anyone give me some advices?  Thx in advance. 

17 hours ago, cimaroost said:

Just want to chime in and say I was accepted for the MA at UNC-Chapel Hill! I was mostly applying to library science programs, but since I did art history in undergrad, I applied for their MA/MSLS dual degree program. They're pretty bad about funding (and were up front about it when I visited), but I feel like I hacked it by getting the library school to fully fund me. Seems like it's gonna be pretty difficult for my other programs to offer the same.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Congrats!

On 3/16/2023 at 12:34 PM, anonymous_crazy_cat-lady said:

I know some people on here got accepted to Syracuse. Anyone else get into UMASS Amherst, Case Western or Penn State? They gave good funding and I am trying to decide where is best....

I will be attending Case Western this Fall! They gave me full tuition + $15,000 a year stipend. This was actually my second time applying. I got into Case Western and NYU IFA for Fall 2020 but decided to go to Yale for a Master’s in religion. My subfield is medieval art so I’ll be studying with Elina Gertsman. 

2 hours ago, Fiat said:

I will be attending Case Western this Fall! They gave me full tuition + $15,000 a year stipend. This was actually my second time applying. I got into Case Western and NYU IFA for Fall 2020 but decided to go to Yale for a Master’s in religion. My subfield is medieval art so I’ll be studying with Elina Gertsman. 

DM me!

On 3/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, gobardhan said:

Saw a bunch of Williams acceptances on the results board. Do people know if Williams has sent out all offers? 

I haven't received any updates from Williams yet and I'm starting to feel nervous. For those who have been admitted, did you all have an interview? (And congratulations!)

The admissions offices must have been inundated with applications because I still haven't heard back from three programs. I assume its either a waitlist or a rejection, but I did hear back from Tufts by this time last year. 

17 hours ago, staxdo_21 said:

The admissions offices must have been inundated with applications because I still haven't heard back from three programs. I assume its either a waitlist or a rejection, but I did hear back from Tufts by this time last year. 

Thank you for the info on Tufts. I saw someone was waitlisted at Williams in the result page so it seems my chances are getting slimmer.. BUT let’s keep our fingers crossed!!

• 2 weeks later...

From the thread, I know that Williams has already been accepting students. Has anyone heard from Tufts? I've been accepted to three programs, but have received radio silence from three other programs and its getting down to the wire here. 

8 hours ago, staxdo_21 said:

From the thread, I know that Williams has already been accepting students. Has anyone heard from Tufts? I've been accepted to three programs, but have received radio silence from three other programs and its getting down to the wire here. 

I was accepted to Tufts on Feb 10. I don't know if they still have students to accept, but it has been a bit since I first heard back from them. I also applied to Williams and haven't heard back, which is a little frustrating (would rather they just tell me if they're not going to accept me!) but I ended up deciding to accept Tufts' offer.

1 hour ago, adubuk said:

I was accepted to Tufts on Feb 10. I don't know if they still have students to accept, but it has been a bit since I first heard back from them. I also applied to Williams and haven't heard back, which is a little frustrating (would rather they just tell me if they're not going to accept me!) but I ended up deciding to accept Tufts' offer.

Thank you for the update. I got the notification of rejection later today 🤪

It's alright, though. Now I know what offers I have on the table and will start making some choices. Congratulations!