Ford School MPP 2023

@poliscigradstudentHoping it comes out in early March. I applied as a dual master of social work and public policy student. I was accepted to the MSW program (woo hoo!), but waiting on the Ford School. The MSW program needs my answer to go into their program by March 15th. So, the timeline is going to be tight! 

Edited by Valar_Morghulis

10 minutes ago, poliscigradstudent said:

I applied to the PhD program. Decisions were sent out by now last year for PhD, but I haven't seen anything about anyone getting accepted this year yet 

Ah, I see. I'm not familiar with their Ph.D. program. Thought about applying to a few Ph.D. programs, but an MSW degree is practically required for anyone in social work. So, figured I'd try and get the MPP while in school, considering my interest in starting a career in social policy. Good luck on getting into a Ph.D. program!

Hey, thanks for starting the thread and congrats on the acceptance!

Applied at the last moment, and then found out the deadline got extended, haha! Hopefully we'll get to hear something in early March itself.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:35 PM, nerwen said:

Hey, thanks for starting the thread and congrats on the acceptance!

Applied at the last moment, and then found out the deadline got extended, haha! Hopefully we'll get to hear something in early March itself.

Thanks!! A little worried about the cost of going to Michigan, considering I'm an out-of-state student. I saw that it was extended though! I think mine was in sometime in December. I'm hoping they keep it to early March though. You know when the previous year acceptances went out??

On 2/20/2023 at 3:24 AM, Valar_Morghulis said:

Thanks!! A little worried about the cost of going to Michigan, considering I'm an out-of-state student. I saw that it was extended though! I think mine was in sometime in December. I'm hoping they keep it to early March though. You know when the previous year acceptances went out??

Yes the cost is a big factor for me too as an international student, and with very few external scholarship options, it'll be difficult to attend without funding, if accepted.

I checked for the last 2 years and it was somewhere around 11-12 March but I think the deadline was also 15 Jan in those years. And also, on their website, Ford had mentioned that they start reviewing applications from the beginning of January till the end of March. Ugh! I really hope they stick to the trend so far

10 hours ago, nerwen said:

Yes the cost is a big factor for me too as an international student, and with very few external scholarship options, it'll be difficult to attend without funding, if accepted.

I checked for the last 2 years and it was somewhere around 11-12 March but I think the deadline was also 15 Jan in those years. And also, on their website, Ford had mentioned that they start reviewing applications from the beginning of January till the end of March. Ugh! I really hope they stick to the trend so far

Totally understand that. Even for me living in the states and going to an out-of-state school is wildly expensive. UMich's MSW offered me an extremely competitive financial aid package. But everything is riding on the Ford School for that decision. 

I see you applied to the Princeton's SPIA as well. You been able to find anything on decisions coming out? I applied there (with minimal hope I would be accepted lol). But the application portal says they send acceptances out from end of Jan to March 15th. 

4 hours ago, Valar_Morghulis said:

Totally understand that. Even for me living in the states and going to an out-of-state school is wildly expensive. UMich's MSW offered me an extremely competitive financial aid package. But everything is riding on the Ford School for that decision. 

I see you applied to the Princeton's SPIA as well. You been able to find anything on decisions coming out? I applied there (with minimal hope I would be accepted lol). But the application portal says they send acceptances out from end of Jan to March 15th. 

I really really hope you get in with great scholarships, especially when you've already received one with the MSW.

Me too! It was a complete shot in the dark for me, honestly. I am more optimistic about HKS and Jackson than I am about SPIA, haha!

The portal is referring to all Princeton grad school decisions. For SPIA, in the last 2 years, they released on 11-12 March. So we might get both Ford and Princeton at the same time, which is both scary and exciting?! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all, 

I also got an email from the Ford School informing me about next week's release. Really holding it out to the last minute here. I've also applied to Princeton's MPA and started another forum for that on here: 

Edited by Valar_Morghulis