Psssst...Fellow Medievalists...

Here are some excellent resources I just stumbled across. Kip Wheeler's webpages are exhaustive in their treatment of general knowledge, there are some great study questions and paleographic/textual editing exercises you can put yourself through, and the manuscript studies page is essentially nothing less than an online graduate-level course in codicology and paleography. The bibliographies and timelines alone would be worth a look, but these are marvelous resources, so I figured I would pass them along in hopes some of you didn't aready know about them and could benefit. :)

Kip Wheeler's pages: http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/resource_medieval_lit.html

Stephen Reimer's manuscript studies pages: http://www.ualberta.ca/~sreimer/ms-course.htm

Enjoy! And also - if anyone has anything you've run across that might be helpful to fellow grad students, this thread could serve as a great catch-all for resources!

Ooh, those are lovely! That manuscript studies page is definitely something I didn't know I needed until now.

Every medievalist in literature needs manuscript studies. It's a moral imperative. Plus - I mean, gee! It's FUN!! lol

By the by, how are things going for you at Fordham? I was meaning to pop in and pm you now that you've gotten your sea legs under you, so to speak. :)

Every medievalist in literature needs manuscript studies. It's a moral imperative. Plus - I mean, gee! It's FUN!! lol

By the by, how are things going for you at Fordham? I was meaning to pop in and pm you now that you've gotten your sea legs under you, so to speak. :)

Oh, I knew I needed manuscript studies. I'm even taking a class in it this term. But that website! It's that resource that I didn't know I needed.

And Fordham is lovely--intimidated as all heck by the aforesaid manuscript studies class, but the medievalist community here is amazing. We travel in packs. :D