Deciding on programs for International Development

sam8572

Hi...

I'm looking into applying for International Development/Public Policy programs for Fall 2011. I'm very confused about what programs I should pick....would appreciate some feed back. Based on my experience/grades what would be some good programs to apply to? (also getting some funding is crucial!)

GPA: 3.63 (top 15 liberal arts college), honors in International relations

study abroad experience

GRE: 660V/720Q/5.0 AWA

minimal quantitative experience

Washington DC internship experience and developing country work experience (education non profit) for 9 months

Programs I'm looking into: GW-Elliot, Columbia-SIPA, GPPI, NYU-Wagner, Fordham-IPED......need some good back up schools...suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Also consider Stanford's International Policy Studies Program. Fukuyama just moved to Stanford from SAIS. But like SAIS, its a program that emphasizes quantitative readiness...

You could look at School of International Service American University, Korbel at the Univ of Denver, SAIS at John Hopkins,

Wow... SAIS, American and Stanford are considered backups?!

I was thinking the same, but I know they're Definitely not. SAIS is one of the best terminal MA programs in the country, and particularly so for IDEV.

Edited by balderdash