MPP/MPA 2011 Applicants

Hey CC139,

The tution costs about EUR 22,000 for the entire duaration of the programme, payable in 4 semi-annual payments, beginning from the month of the september 2011.. What country are you from.. So have u decided joining it or are contemplating any more options?? Get in touch with me on greenvariance@gmail.com

Hi, greenvariance. I also got in the Erasmus Mundus program without scholarships... Do you know how much does the program cost for the two years?

Program Applied To: International Relations, MPA

Schools Applied To: Syracuse (MPA/MAIR), Georgetown SFS, GWU Elliott, American SIS, Monterey Institute (MPA), The New School GPIA, Rangel Fellowship, Pickering Fellowship

Schools Admitted To: Syracuse (MPA/MAIR, funding TBD), Monterey Institute (MPA, $), New School GPIA ($)

Schools Rejected From: Rangel Fellowship

Still Waiting: Georgetown SFS, GWU Elliott, American SIS

Undergraduate institution: Rural public university

Undergraduate GPA: 3.2

Last 60 hours of Undergraduate GPA (if applicable): 3.57 (3.88 final year)

Undergraduate Major:International Studies and Spanish, minor in International Political Economy

GRE Quantitative Score: 760

GRE Verbal Score: 580 (This one hurt, I was getting 100 points higher on all the practice tests.)

GRE AW Score: 5.0

Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable): 6

Years of Work Experience: 6 total, 2 quite relavent, 2-3 somewhat relevant.

Describe Relevant Work Experience: Taught English in Japan on the JET Program for 2 years. Currently managing a tech support group and working with both domestic and international clients.

Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc): I felt like I still had more to say when I hit the word limit on most of these essays. In retrospect, I probably should have had a little less about my background and a few more specifics about the school/program.

Strength of LOR (be honest, describe the process, etc): Two of them I'm sure were very good. My third was written by my former Japanese supervisor. Some ad committees may find his non-native English charming, others perhaps not.

Other: Near fluent in Spanish, basic Japanese. Between my low undergrad GPA at a rural public university and my comparative lack of experience (internship? what's that?), I feel like I'm at a disadvantage compared to most people on this board. The results have been pretty encouraging so far, however.

Yup, acceptance was a .pdf attached to an email and I also got the fellowship email today. I didn't know they did semi-finalists ...

Sorryfor posting just about NYU Wagner - but applicants reading this: I received an e-mail saying notifications for named fellowships would not be out until the 2nd week of March.

Looks like March madness has begun.

I've just received an email from UT Austin saying that decisions will be posted on the website the beginning of next week.

Congrats to those accepted somewhere and good luck to those still waiting.

EDIT: forgot to say, this is for the MPAff program.

Edited by CC139

I've just received an email from UT Austin saying that decisions will be posted on the website the beginning of next week.

March madness indeed. I'm jealous - I would love to know the exact dates of decisions, I'm watching my mailbox (both email and postal) like I'm waiting for something magical to happen. Fireworks, perhaps?

I got that too! This week seems to be dragging on forever.

Accepted to CMU's DC-Track today! 22K the first year, 26K the second. So I'm telling myself 24K/yr! Soo excited!! I received an email telling me to check my status online and then there was a link at the bottom of the status page to check the decision!!! At first I thought it was only 11K for the year but then I read it more carefully and it was 11K PER SEMESTER so make sure you check for that. Best of luck to those who applied to CMU and to everywhere else! These next few weeks are going to be crazy!

Congrats!!!! That's a really good deal :)

Accepted to CMU's DC-Track today! 22K the first year, 26K the second. So I'm telling myself 24K/yr! Soo excited!! I received an email telling me to check my status online and then there was a link at the bottom of the status page to check the decision!!! At first I thought it was only 11K for the year but then I read it more carefully and it was 11K PER SEMESTER so make sure you check for that. Best of luck to those who applied to CMU and to everywhere else! These next few weeks are going to be crazy!

haha, i read your post and then I found another semester's worth of funding in my CMU letter, woohoO! hahaha

Applied: GSPP, GSPIA, WWS, HKS, Ford School

Rejected from GSPP today!

Waiting for the rest. tick tock.

Wish I could have started with some good news to this application cycle, but oh well. I was ill at the thought of spending $1000 just to fly in to see the place. I graduated summa cum laude from a top 10 private school majoring in ARCHITECTURE. Rare bird there it seems.

However did not work in architecture but jumped straight into redevelopment consulting-community engagement-public health and now getting my feet wet doing 6 months of volunteer impact analysis in Haiti. Almost 3 years experience. Want to study policy analysis to get more quant skills to complement my background in qual analysis (interviews, focus groups, town halls, that sort of thing).

I hope the rest get back soon, I made plans to visit all the East Coast schools mid March. Would suck to tour the campus, get excited, and then rejected by email!

Just received acceptance email from Indiana's SPEA MPA! Hope to see some of you in B-town this fall.

Good luck to those still waiting :)

Me too accepted to SPEA- IU Bloomington. Not decided yet since still waiting to hear from HKS, GSPP and LBJ. Congrats

Does that mean LBJ will spell out names of the admitted candidates on their website? No email?

Does that mean LBJ will spell out names of the admitted candidates on their website? No email?

I guess they will send you an email prompting you to go to the application website with your UT id -eid or simething like that- where you can find the decision letter.

Just got an acceptance mail from GSPP (MPP) - departmental fellowship too :-)

Any idea when HKS is due?

Energizer - that's incredible! You must be excited.

I'm hoping an email from Carnegie Mellon comes for ME soon... My GSPP rejection has me spiraling into self-doubt.. Congrats to those who got in AND got funding - clutch! smile.gif

Best of Luck Skeedy! Hope you get the CMU mail soon.

Am working on a very tight deadline for the next two days (hopeless!) - so can't even get excited properly :-)

Energizer - that's incredible! You must be excited.

I'm hoping an email from Carnegie Mellon comes for ME soon... My GSPP rejection has me spiraling into self-doubt.. Congrats to those who got in AND got funding - clutch! smile.gif