Good Practice Test

akraz

Hi Everyone,

Any advice on where to find good practice tests for GRE in addition to PowerPrep. I was looking at 800score and GRE tutor and wasn't sure which one would be more helpful. Any advice.

Many Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

Any advice on where to find good practice tests for GRE in addition to PowerPrep. I was looking at 800score and GRE tutor and wasn't sure which one would be more helpful. Any advice.

Many Thanks,

PowerPrep will always be the most accurate indicator of performance, but for practice there are other good CATs out there.

Manhattan GRE just launched a set of 6 original GRE CATs, and you can take the first for free. We are proud of them and would love feedback from anyone who takes our test. Find our free practice CAT here: http://www.manhattan...ce-gre-test.cfm

I hope you enjoy the CAT.

Regards,

Taylor Dearr

Edited by Tdearr

PowerPrep will always be the most accurate indicator of performance, but for practice there are other good CATs out there.

Manhattan GRE just launched a set of 6 original GRE CATs, and you can take the first for free. We are proud of them and would love feedback from anyone who takes our test. Find our free practice CAT here: http://www.manhattan...ce-gre-test.cfm

I hope you enjoy the CAT.

Regards,

Taylor Dearr

Hi Taylor,

I took the free CAT, and indeed, it resembles the real GRE much more closely than others I've taken (private message me if you want to know which ones). It's a fine program, I'd recommend it to others, and I can certainly see why you're proud of it.

I've been studying math HARD for a year now, shooting for upper 700's in Q (verbal is not a problem) --- and Manhattan's Free CAT gave me a 740 .... does that mean I'm improving? I guess the real question is, how closely do you think your CAT is calibrated to the real GRE? (I've taken Powerprep so many times that I know all the questions and can get 800 every time.)

Thanks,

John

Edited by DrFaustus666

Hi Taylor,

I took the free CAT, and indeed, it resembles the real GRE much more closely than others I've taken (private message me if you want to know which ones). It's a fine program, I'd recommend it to others, and I can certainly see why you're proud of it.

I've been studying math HARD for a year now, shooting for upper 700's in Q (verbal is not a problem) --- and Manhattan's Free CAT gave me a 740 .... does that mean I'm improving? I guess the real question is, how closely do you think your CAT is calibrated to the real GRE? (I've taken Powerprep so many times that I know all the questions and can get 800 every time.)

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I'm glad you like the test! In answer to your question, we are constantly calibrating the test to make the scoring accurate, but it is difficult (especially early on in the test's life). With each CAT taker we get, the scoring information becomes more accurate so it will only improve from here. At this point, we do believe it to be a fairly accurate score, although it will never be as accurate as PowerPrep. I hope that helps. Thanks for taking the test.

Regards,

Taylor