PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

On 1/25/2024 at 1:58 AM, mindymar1985 said:

Interviewed with Harvard earlier this week, the letter said that all interviews needed to be done by the 28th Jan

Any word on a second interview from Harvard?

On 1/21/2024 at 5:51 PM, Cm2223 said:

Yes I applied! Contacted mid Jan for an interview. Does anyone if there is one or two rounds of interviews? 

Any word on a second interview from Harvard DrPH?

1 hour ago, Cm2223 said:

No word. From what I gather there will be no second interview, but unsure! 

2 hours ago, mindymar1985 said:

I've heard nothing! How sure are we that there will be second interviews? Is this just based on the precedent that it has happened in previous years?

Ok! Welp. Thanks for the update! I heard from a previous grad about the second interview business. He was fairly certain, but that he doesn’t work for admissions. :)

1 hour ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Hi.

I have a question.

What do DrPH applicants think of East Carolina University as a backup option? Is it worth the expenditure and effort?

What is your stats? How many schools have you applied  and how many acceptances have you gotten and have they offered scholarships? If East Carolina is feasible and offers  scholarships I say go for it if you haven't gotten any acceptances. I know they require the GRE so may be a con.

Did anybody recieved interview from the Health Science Integrated Program at Northwestern? Any body would know what they will probably ask in the interview? (I recieved the interview request and it will take several rounds with the department director and track leader, pretty nervous about the uncertainty)

Does anyone know the timeline for University of Washington EHS? I had an interview a like over 2 weeks ago and just say that they are still sending it interview invites. In the past they had released acceptances around this time. 

Anyone get an acceptance from Harvard PHS yet? if so, what concentration? I saw someone post an acceptance elsewhere but can't find it on this site. Unsure if this was for MPH or PhD.

Edited by MimiNMe

19 hours ago, Qantu said:

I got my first rejection today, from Duke University. Good luck to all, I appreciate we are going through this process together! 😁

i'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully we will hear a congratulations you have been accepted. Trying to be patient and not ruminate haha.