PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

3 hours ago, SBS24 said:
3 hours ago, SBS24 said:

So was I. Feel gutted as this program was a great fit.Â đŸ˜”

4 hours ago, Behavioralsci98 said:

Rejected from WashU so Emory is now my only hope đŸ˜¬

I’m so sorry. It’s particularly rough when you feel aligned and giving with a program. This process is brutal. The build up. The pouring oneself into it all. The wait. The results. 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:37 PM, wurtzite said:

Anyone else apply to the UNMC DrPH program?

I just got an email from admissions, not sure if these are done on a rolling basis.
"The preliminary review has been completed on your application for the Doctor of Public Health program.  Your application has been forwarded to our DrPH faculty to be included in our final review process. All final reviews will begin after the February 1st application deadline. Our DrPH review committee hopes to have final decisions communicated around April 15th."

Yes, I got that email as well. Someone on here had heard back from them regarding preliminary review a couple of weeks ago because they submitted earlier. I didn't get mine submitted until 1/31.

I'm hoping the April 15th is an 'under promise/over deliver' type of thing and that they get decision out a little sooner. But we'll see!

9 minutes ago, beepboop7 said:

Hi, has anyone heard back from UNC-Chapel Hill for Health Behaviour yet? It's been radio silence on my end, and no one seems to be talking about this school here, haha.

Has anyone heard anything from UNC chapel hill for Epi PhD ?

1 hour ago, MimiNMe said:

People have reported waitlisting for Harvard PHS, one specifically for SBS. Would that not imply the existence of a list-list? Ahhhh I’m overthinking…. đŸ˜« But seriously, wouldn’t you need  list of people to admit to have a waitlist?

I got waitlisted for PHS as well. I think acceptances went out last Tuesday. Not sure if they would be sending acceptances in different waves, but based on prior years, I think they send one wave of everything.

1 hour ago, EpiSurg said:

I got waitlisted for PHS as well. I think acceptances went out last Tuesday. Not sure if they would be sending acceptances in different waves, but based on prior years, I think they send one wave of everything.

Oh wow ok - I haven’t gotten anything at all…wondering if this most likely means a rejection? Which discipline was this?

11 hours ago, MDA24 said:

Has anyone heard anything from UNC chapel hill for Epi PhD ?

They send offers in batches. Last one was in early February. Some offers in pharmacoepi, cancer and reproductive tracks were sent out. The main big batch of offers should be coming soon.

Edited by PhDEpi

5 hours ago, MimiNMe said:

People have reported waitlisting for Harvard PHS, one specifically for SBS. Would that not imply the existence of a list-list? Ahhhh I’m overthinking…. đŸ˜« But seriously, wouldn’t you need  list of people to admit to have a waitlist?

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately - can't say it's looking good for us...

But doing my best to tough it out till 2/23 when they say decisions will be fully made. The weird trickle of information from the "Results" page is enough to drive anyone nuts.

4 minutes ago, HippoEatingWatermelon said:

I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately - can't say it's looking good for us...

But doing my best to tough it out till 2/23 when they say decisions will be fully made. The weird trickle of information from the "Results" page is enough to drive anyone nuts.

I’ve accepted defeat. It’s looking mighty grim. I’m really sad bc this program is SUCH a tight match for my work and research experience and I had two solid interviews. Was really hopeful. Second time applying. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, pubhealth123 said:

I just emailed again to follow-up on the timeline and when we might expect an update - desperate times call for desperate measures! 

Did the academic coordinator respond to your initial follow up? I was thinking to follow up today too. But, I was thinking of reaching out to the professors that interviewed me lol

Edited by manifesthb

22 minutes ago, manifesthb said:

Did the academic coordinator respond to your initial follow up? I was thinking to follow up today too. But, I was thinking of reaching out to the professors that interviewed me lol

No response from the academic coordinator from my earlier attempt too - I have had a few back-and-forth email chains with my interviewers for continued questions after sending my "thank you" notes but haven't revisited those since early last week but maybe that is a good idea, too.

Edited by pubhealth123

Just now, pubhealth123 said:

No response from the academic coordinator from my earlier attempt too - I have had a few back-and-forth email chains with my interviewees for continued questions after sending my "thank you" notes but haven't revisited those since early next last week but maybe that is a good idea, too.

Yeah, I do agree they would likely know about decisions. Let me know what they say- I’m about to f/ up with the academic coordinator and a faculty member on it. She did say mid February and we are at that point. No news is good news hopefully

32 minutes ago, JustinDee said:

Did anyone who got accepted to UCLA get a funding letter or other notification? I only received the acceptance from the grad division letter in my portal. 

Got the same thing with my Minnesota acceptance - they said somebody in the admissions team would be reaching out to provide more details on the full package, but it took them a couple weeks to tell us that. 

1 hour ago, pubhealth123 said:

No response from the academic coordinator from my earlier attempt too - I have had a few back-and-forth email chains with my interviewers for continued questions after sending my "thank you" notes but haven't revisited those since early last week but maybe that is a good idea, too.

Update this is all I just got back from Brown ... "I hope all is well. We are still in the process and you will be updated soon. If you have any questions, please let me know."

On 2/7/2024 at 7:12 PM, PhDPursuit said:

Had my screening interview with UCI. If you already did with UCI, can you message me? I am curious about everyone's experience. My interview went very well because the interviewers were too nice so I was unable to read them. I don't know if they are just being professional or actually found me interesting. 

I had mine on 2/6. They said that they would forward my case to the PI I mentioned. I contacted the PI before and we share RI pretty well. Should hear back by the end of the next week. Good luck to you!

Edited by quantPH

1 hour ago, JustinDee said:

Did anyone who got accepted to UCLA get a funding letter or other notification? I only received the acceptance from the grad division letter in my portal. 

I haven't received funding details either! I think they will reach out to us later but not sure when they are gonna do this.