Harvard HKS vs Princeton SPIA -- 2023 edition

21 minutes ago, letsgo2policyschool said:

I just received an acceptance to SPIA a couple of days ago, but I want to know where I want to go by the time Harvard releases their decisions in the next couple of weeks.

Assuming funding wasn't an issue, how would you rank the two schools for someone who's interested in domestic policy? 

Nothing for nothing nothing....and for transparency I teach at Yale, but I think HKS has got a bit bloated, and as a school, has some signs of mission creep. It is still very strong--yes, but for me,  and in answer to your question, Princeton is a tad stronger. Also, if I was a student the smaller class instruction would be attractive.

1 hour ago, Boolakanaka said:

Nothing for nothing nothing....and for transparency I teach at Yale, but I think HKS has got a bit bloated, and as a school, has some signs of mission creep. It is still very strong--yes, but for me,  and in answer to your question, Princeton is a tad stronger. Also, if I was a student the smaller class instruction would be attractive.

Makes sense! Princeton definitely has more pros for me personally, and I've worked with more SPIA grads than HKS in DC, but I just can't help shake the idea of turning down Harvard (if I were to get in). 

Edited by letsgo2policyschool