Low GRE score for Psych program?

MacaronAmour

I'm planning to apply to University of South Florida and Florida Institute of Technology for Fall 2011 in the applied behavior analysis masters program. However my GRE score is a 510 Q and 460 V. I think my CV is good, I have a lot of experience in the field and have worked with a lot of professors in UF's ABA program. I'm currently restudying for the GRE but am panicking that my score will not go up that high. Do you guys think I had no chance of getting in with that score? I'm hoping I can at least hit four digits after my second try... The programs don't list a minimum, but these are my top choices and there aren't that many ABA programs around! Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Here are ETS's statistics for Masters degree Psych majors, 2002-2003:

Verbal

380:26th percentile

440:51st percentile

510:76th percentile

570:90th percentile

Quantitative

410:25th percentile

490:49th percentile

580:77th percentile

640:90th percentile

So, your scores appear to have been very nearly average, then. Scores have increased somewhat in the intervening 8 years. You might squeak by as is, but I'd guess a 50 to 80 point improvement on each test would make your application quite a bit stronger.

Good luck,

John