Need some serious help

Kink

A couple of more questions.

I am applying for a taught Masters program that requires a 15-20 page long writing sample. Approximately, how many words are they talking about over here? Must I double space the lines?

Also, how should I go about formatting the paper? Also, any other little details that you are aware of and could share would be really helpful.

The other problem is that I didn't have to write any research papers, thesis, dissertations yada yada for my undergrad. Therefore, I was thinking of submitting one of my term papers. The paper's a mere historiographical review of sorts. My opinions don't exactly figure anywhere. Unfortunately, that's the kind of coursework I was allotted. However, the paper's pretty thoroughly researched as far as secondary material is concerned. What should I do?

A couple of more questions.

I am applying for a taught Masters program that requires a 15-20 page long writing sample. Approximately, how many words are they talking about over here? Must I double space the lines?

Also, how should I go about formatting the paper? Also, any other little details that you are aware of and could share would be really helpful.

The other problem is that I didn't have to write any research papers, thesis, dissertations yada yada for my undergrad. Therefore, I was thinking of submitting one of my term papers. The paper's a mere historiographical review of sorts. My opinions don't exactly figure anywhere. Unfortunately, that's the kind of coursework I was allotted. However, the paper's pretty thoroughly researched as far as secondary material is concerned. What should I do?

YES, double space your paper. Remember, the adcomm members have to wade through a couple hundred of them; make it easy on them.

In terms of your paper - how long is this historiographical piece? Could you interweave your own argument into it, using the historiographical work to underscore your own argument on a topic? It seems to me that would be a good solution, if it can be done. Otherwise, you may need to think of something else to submit. They do want a critical argument, something that underscores your thinking.

In terms of your paper - how long is this historiographical piece? Could you interweave your own argument into it, using the historiographical work to underscore your own argument on a topic? It seems to me that would be a good solution, if it can be done. Otherwise, you may need to think of something else to submit. They do want a critical argument, something that underscores your thinking.

I would interweave my own argument except I don't have a very strong, original one.

The other option I have is to submit this other paper which too contains evidence from secondary material. However, I've used the works of other scholars to bring out my own views. Problem with this is that its a piece on Medieval Indian History and not exactly related to the course I'm applying for (International Affairs). Plus it requires quite a bit of tweaking which I'm willing to do but wondering if starting something from scratch, something more relevant and with my own argument, might be a better idea. I've been advised by everyone to not do that since there's barely enough time to research anything entirely new too thoroughly (I have a dec deadline)

What do you think I should do? Currently running out of time and getting nowhere. :(