Amazing (and FREE) online GRE Verbal prep!

JoeySsance

I recently came upon this amazing resource on Youtube. It's a program with flashcards and tons of practice questions for the GRE Verbal section. Since I didn't see anything about it on GC, I thought I'd start a new thread to share this great find! My exam's in 10 days so it will be of limited use to me. However, I hope those of you with later test dates find it worthwhile! Good luck to everyone!

User guide for it on Youtube (watch this first):

GREase: http://www.douno.net/

Enjoy! :lol:

Edited by JoeySsance

Here's an even shorter video that illustrates the range of practice questions:

Caveat emptor (well, you're not really "buying" it but... y'know what I mean...:P): There seem to be typos in some of the practice words. When I saw this video I was like, wait what's "dependeny" and how about "vacillaet"? I ran a search on Google and found these exact same typos in precisely the same contexts in a pool of practice questions in Chinese GRE prep material, which leads me to believe that some if not all of this review originates from those sources. I'm finding it helpful to just ignore the typos because it's still a really efficient program as far as retaining new vocabulary in one's memory is concerned. I just thought I'd clarify this.

I recently came upon this amazing resource on Youtube. It's a program with flashcards and tons of practice questions for the GRE Verbal section. Since I didn't see anything about it on GC, I thought I'd start a new thread to share this great find! My exam's in 10 days so it will be of limited use to me. However, I hope those of you with later test dates find it worthwhile! Good luck to everyone!

Slightly off-topic, but you've still got 9 days until your exam. I'm assuming you're all set, but in case you're not, a week is plenty of time to brush up on (read: memorize frantically) at least a thousand words (your mileage may vary). Good luck!

Slightly off-topic, but you've still got 9 days until your exam. I'm assuming you're all set, but in case you're not, a week is plenty of time to brush up on (read: memorize frantically) at least a thousand words (your mileage may vary). Good luck!

Thanks waddle. I've actually been following a pretty hardcore review schedule I designed for the last two weeks leading up to the exam. I'm pretty confident in my preparation up to this point, but as you point out, it can't hurt to brush up a bit. We'll see how it goes... :)

Thanks waddle. I've actually been following a pretty hardcore review schedule I designed for the last two weeks leading up to the exam. I'm pretty confident in my preparation up to this point, but as you point out, it can't hurt to brush up a bit. We'll see how it goes... :)

Do you mind sharing your review schedule and prep strategies?