Dreams

BadgerHopeful

As if it weren't enough that I'm constantly thinking about my applications during my waking hours, I am now experiencing dreams that center totally around my applications and grad school in general. Some of them are pretty normal, like going to class, meeting my cohort, exploring the library, etc. Others are more stressful, like watching the committee vote on my application. Anyone else having dreams like this?

I also dream about accidentally misspelling a professor's name in my application. This is pretty much an automatic rejection, right? Personally I couldn't see myself giving any slack to a student who did that to me, so I check the spelling about four times for every name I write.

I keep dreaming that I'm writing my SoP and my writing sample (long story as to why that isn't written already) and as I do it, Drs. Farber, Bailey, and Immerman from Temple are standing over my shoulder and telling me I'm not smart enough. Stressful. SO stressful.

Last year in a research seminar a professor told us that "if you're not dreaming of your paper yet, you're obviously not working hard enough." I think the same applies for grad school applications.

Last year in a research seminar a professor told us that "if you're not dreaming of your paper yet, you're obviously not working hard enough." I think the same applies for grad school applications.

I don't think I've had any sleeping dreams about it, yet, but I do daydream about it constantly. And I mean CONSTANTLY!! I'm not expecting everything to be roses once I get into grad school as I've seen too many horror stories on here and at the CHE forums. However, I've known this was what I wanted to do since before I even started my first classes as an undergraduate freshman and for it to be so close now is both exciting and unnerving. Having taken two grad classes this semester, I've gotten a little taste of the kind of workload and work that will be demanded, and it is intimidating (but the good kind of intimidating).