Asian Studies 2011

IMN22

Oh my god I got into Harvard.

OH MY GOD I GOT INTO HARVARD

Did NOT expect an e-mail at 11:25 pm, but there you go!!!!!!!

Me too! I definitely wasn't expecting an e-mail then either, but my addiction to checking my e-mail for results finally paid off. Congrats to you!

Oh my god I got into Harvard.

OH MY GOD I GOT INTO HARVARD

Did NOT expect an e-mail at 11:25 pm, but there you go!!!!!!!

Congrats! :DDD

*keeps checking email in hope of news*

Just got an acceptance email from OSU. Did not think any MA programs would inform applicants this soon. I also received an email from IUB saying that my application looked strong after the first review.

Just got rejected by Yale....not unexpected, but still...

I feel like I'm the first Yale reject via the website for EALL. Did they hate my application that much?:lol: I knew that my SOP was a risk. Looking back on it, it was way too casual a tone for academia. It's their loss. :P

I guess it's about time that I stop just reading this thread and start contributing. I've applied to PhD programs to study things Chinese. So far I have good news from Chicago (I was one of the people who posted in the results section) and a hint of good news from Berkeley. I didn't hear anything from Harvard this week, which is quite a downer (congrats to those who got in, btw), but overall I can't complain. Anyway, here I am. :)

Edited by diegothedreadful

I guess it's about time that I stop just reading this thread and start contributing. I've applied to PhD programs to study things Chinese. So far I have good news from Chicago (I was one of the people who posted in the results section) and a hint of good news from Berkeley. I didn't hear anything from Harvard this week, which is quite a downer (congrats to those who got in, btw), but overall I can't complain. Anyway, here I am. :)

Welcome to the thread! And congrats on the good news!

I still hope we'll hear more from Harvard. Looks like they accepted their top picks, so maybe we still have a chance? At the least there isn't a reject yet. *positivity!*

Welcome to the thread! And congrats on the good news!

I still hope we'll hear more from Harvard. Looks like they accepted their top picks, so maybe we still have a chance? At the least there isn't a reject yet. *positivity!*

Meh, seems unlikely to me, but, hey, maybe they're just savoring the excellence of our applications for another week or two before letting us know? :P

Welcome, diegothedreadful! That's awesome news about U Chicago and Berkeley! Hopefully more good news is on the way~

Thanks, c_n. Hope the good news starts coming for you too!

Congrats on your acceptance by UChicago! I've applied for the same department (my field is Japanese studies, though) and I haven't heard from them yet...When and how did you get the good news? Did you directly ask someone from the department or the graduate school? Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance by UChicago! I've applied for the same department (my field is Japanese studies, though) and I haven't heard from them yet...When and how did you get the good news? Did you directly ask someone from the department or the graduate school? Thanks!

Thanks, feifei113. I got an e-mail from Edward Shaughnessy (head of the department) about a week ago telling me that I got in. The e-mail included an invitation to visit Chicago in early March and said that all prospective candidates will be invited to visit at that time. Hope this helps.

Got my email from Harvard today- they're knocking me down to consideration for the Regional Studies MA.

You know, I'm glad Yale and Harvard are still considering me, but seriously, can they tell me yes or no already? And I'd really like to hear anything from the other four schools I applied to. :/

Oh, Princeton East Asia Studies is doing their interview.........some via campus visit and some via email......does that mean people didn't receive any notice( like me) is rejected ?

There's only one interview notice on the results board, so I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. No news is no news.

There's only one interview notice on the results board, so I wouldn't throw in the towel yet. No news is no news.

A friend is doing interview on campus in Princeton, it seems they like students with some graduate training........I am little despair here.......

I got the 11:30pm notice from Harvard about my acceptance to the History and East Asian Languages Program as well. Congrats to the others! :D

Fingers crossed to hear back from more schools soon.

IMN22: Were you accepted to the East Asian Studies M.A. program at OSU? They've been really hacking down the number of applicants since I was accepted in 2008.

----------

Current Degree: Ohio State University, East Asian Studies M.A. (will graduate this year).

Degrees being applied for: History (premodern Japanese history)

Schools Applied To: Harvard, Berkeley, OSU, Pitt, UMichigan, Pitt

Undergraduate School (or school type) Major: Gettysburg College, Japanese Studies

Experience in Asia or in Field: Study abroad Kansai Gaidai, Summer and Academic Year programs at Inter-University Center for Japanese Studies

Edited by Paura

I just got accepted to UCLA! It's not the top on my list, but it's my first response, so I'm pretty pumped about it! No word in the official email about funding, and since it's the University of California, I'm not really holding my breath... Still I need to know before I can make a decision. I wonder if it'd be outside of protocol to contact the department and inquire at this point.

Continued good luck to everyone!