CIHR CGS-D 2023

5 minutes ago, NeurosciB said:

Sorry to hear that! Apparently they are supposed to get a third person to review if you two reviewers are drastically far apart in their ranking of you. Mine were 3.4 and 4.4 on average between the 2.... You would think they would have given me a third reviewer. 

I'm really sorry to hear that, but the reason why you didn't get a third reviewer is because you need a minimum of a 3.5 in both reviews to be considered. If one reviewer gives you below 3.5, you are no longer considered for the award. 

3 minutes ago, AIBio said:

I'm really sorry to hear that, but the reason why you didn't get a third reviewer is because you need a minimum of a 3.5 in both reviews to be considered. If one reviewer gives you below 3.5, you are no longer considered for the award. 

WOWWW thats awful and makes me even more upset about it lol

1 hour ago, NeurosciB said:

Just got my results.... I unfortunately was not awarded a scholarship. One reviewer scored me way lower than the other which brought my score down significantly :( Good luck to everyone else! 

This happened to me on the SSHRC side last year, and there is a cutoff in total mark which triggers the 3rd reviewer.  Mine was far enough apart one reviewer marked me in the top 10 and one marked me in the bottom 10.  But it wasn't significant enough to trigger an extra review.