CIHR CGS-D 2023

Hi everyone,

Based on previous discussions, it seemed like CIHR releases the CGS-D results on April 15th every year. I was notified that I was forwarded to the national competition in November, and now it’s April 15th and I don’t see any updates this year though? My status still says “in peer review”. Does anyone know if there is a delay, or maybe they don’t release these results on a Saturday? Thanks in advance

23 minutes ago, carbohana said:

I just looked on research net and it says the anticipated notice of decision will be April 25...

Oh wow, where did you find that out? I logged onto my researchnet a few times to sleuth and found no specific date announced. Are you sure this is for CIHR and not NSERC? I wonder why it's so late this year compared to previous years. In 2021 they even released the results on a Thursday (April 15th).

Just now, cardiorenalsyndrome said:

Oh wow, where did you find that out? I logged onto my researchnet a few times to sleuth and found no specific date announced. Are you sure this is for CIHR and not NSERC? I wonder why it's so late this year compared to previous years. In 2021 they even released the results on a Thursday (April 15th).

Yeah, you have to click on 'find funding opportunities' --> 'current opportunities' and it's under 'doctoral research award'. I was expecting the 15th too, it's always been that date or the Monday after if the 15th falls on the weekend. Not sure what happened this year but it's definitely not helping my stress lol

image.thumb.png.a18f54ae7ebdb48879caa40fca857a46.png

31 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

Hey everyone! I'm a SSHRC lurker. Just wondering if yall actually ended up getting your results today? 

Last time I applied we found out around noon (EST) so if thats the case, probably a couple more hours... unfortunately

2 hours ago, Robbyn said:

We called the CIHR office and the results will be posted this evening. CIHR is open till 8:00pm EST, so here's hoping that information was accurate.

lol seems like they lied. I thought since I applied for CIHR instead of NSERC this year that I would avoid all this uncertainty and waiting :(

20 minutes ago, cardiorenalsyndrome said:

I’m really frustrated, I didn’t think CIHR would be this unreliable. 7 months waiting in the dark and they don’t mind making us wait even more- I’m shocked that they couldn’t adhere to their own announcement date 😪

Its so wild to me! They know who got it and who didn't and funding starts next week! Like, just release it! Im over here trying to mark finals 😭 

26 minutes ago, NeurosciB said:

Just got my results.... I unfortunately was not awarded a scholarship. One reviewer scored me way lower than the other which brought my score down significantly :( Good luck to everyone else! 

Same here, I didn't get it either. A bit disappointed since I got the CGS-M 2 years ago, but at least we have closure and are no longer waiting. Oddly, I had 3 reviewers for my application; One gave me 3.5 on two sections, another gave me 4.0 and 4.5 on the given sections, and the last reviewer gave me 4.2 on two sections. I only see points for research ability and relevant experiences/achievements. 

6 minutes ago, cardiorenalsyndrome said:

Same here, I didn't get it either. A bit disappointed since I got the CGS-M 2 years ago, but at least we have closure and are no longer waiting. Oddly, I had 3 reviewers for my application; One gave me 3.5 on two sections, another gave me 4.0 and 4.5 on the given sections, and the last reviewer gave me 4.2 on two sections. I only see points for research ability and relevant experiences/achievements. 

Sorry to hear that! Apparently they are supposed to get a third person to review if you two reviewers are drastically far apart in their ranking of you. Mine were 3.4 and 4.4 on average between the 2.... You would think they would have given me a third reviewer. 

4 minutes ago, NeurosciB said:

Sorry to hear that! Apparently they are supposed to get a third person to review if you two reviewers are drastically far apart in their ranking of you. Mine were 3.4 and 4.4 on average between the 2.... You would think they would have given me a third reviewer. 

Their review process is definitely flawed, it's sad that they can miss out on some really good applicants because of this 😕 Sorry to hear that the odds weren't in your favour either, is this your final time applying?