by Dec 1st = On or before December 1st?

Jdealla

Hey guys,

I have some to send some hard copies into Wisconsin and on their website they say that "In order to receive full consideration for admissions and priority consideration for fellowships, your application and all of the supporting materials listed above must reach the Graduate School and our office by December 1."

Does this mean if I send something and it arrives on December 1st that I am out of luck? It's going to be about 34 USD if I get it there on Nov 30th, as opposed to 24 if I get it there on Dec. 1st. Should I just suck it up and pay 10 extra dollars or does this not really matter. Thanks a lot.

Does this mean if I send something and it arrives on December 1st that I am out of luck?

in your case, it is most likely that if something reaches after dec 1, you might be out of luck. however, schools are flexible, and often lenient and consider materials that reach a couple of days late. it's unlikely that they'll gather up all materials at dec 1 midnight and trash anything they receive tomorrow and after. however, it is not worth taking the risk at this point!!

if you are 101% sure that the materials won't reach later than dec 1, go for the 24$ option. otherwise, make the materials reach early. better in time than on time!

Dear all,

Peace of mind is worth 10$ even if its close to what you make per hour teaching English in Latin America. Package will be arriving tomorrow by noon.

Thank you