Registring a recommender "Registration Unconfirmed"

So I registered my third recommender and immediately the status read "recommender confirmed", while the previous two (which I registered exactly 1 week ago) read "recommender UNconfirmed". Should I worry about this? The schools' website doesn't say anything about this and the instructions merely say that now it's up to the recommenders to read instructions, upload letters, and submit them, after which we will both receive confirmation emails.

So I registered my third recommender and immediately the status read "recommender confirmed", while the previous two (which I registered exactly 1 week ago) read "recommender UNconfirmed". Should I worry about this? The schools' website doesn't say anything about this and the instructions merely say that now it's up to the recommenders to read instructions, upload letters, and submit them, after which we will both receive confirmation emails.

I am just guessing here, but may be the last recommender you have registered had already used this online app system, uploading a recommendation letter for another student. It happened to me once. Not exactly the way it happened to you. I submitted information about one recommender and right after that in a table where my recommenders were listed additional information about this recommender appeared that was true, but that I had not entered. I was confused first but then I fugured that out :)

When you put in a recommender's details they get sent an email with a link to submit the recommendation. The first time they use that link they get 'registered'. Some recommenders might want to start on one day and come back to what they were writing for you another day or a couple of times so the registration bit just logs when they first signed into their part of your application. It's a way for you to know that they've received the link and that it works.

Okay that helps..

because I highly doubted that the third recommender that I registered would be on the computer at work the same time i added him and therefore register right away..while the other two recommenders did not go on the link even though i added them a week ago. So I guess I won't have to worry about anything.

Besides, I sent the first two an email (the two "unconfirmed" registered people) saying that they've been added and neither of them told me anything

That happened to me too for one school that uses Embark right after I added multiple recommenders. The impression I got is the same as what Strangefox said. I decided to email that one with "unconfirmed" just to make sure she got the instruction email. But before I had time to do that, she has submitted the recommendation. I know one recommender with "confirmed" would not have done anything as he said he would do them in a batch after receiving an email from me to confirm all were ready. So don't think there is anything you need to worry.

That happened to me too for one school that uses Embark right after I added multiple recommenders. The impression I got is the same as what Strangefox said. I decided to email that one with "unconfirmed" just to make sure she got the instruction email. But before I had time to do that, she has submitted the recommendation. I know one recommender with "confirmed" would not have done anything as he said he would do them in a batch after receiving an email from me to confirm all were ready. So don't think there is anything you need to worry.

Actually yes, the school I'm referring to uses Embark as well....thank you. :) whew!