checking if letters are in

fall-11

I was wondering how the online recommendation system works. When a faculty member submits an online rec letter, does the system email the applicant to let them know that a letter has been submitted? Or is checking the online status the only way to see if letters have been submitted?

Checking the online status everyday for 11 schools is kind of a chore -- that's why I'm wondering if the system will actually let me know when and if something's been sent. Does anyone know if it does that?

Thanks.

I was wondering how the online recommendation system works. When a faculty member submits an online rec letter, does the system email the applicant to let them know that a letter has been submitted? Or is checking the online status the only way to see if letters have been submitted?

Checking the online status everyday for 11 schools is kind of a chore -- that's why I'm wondering if the system will actually let me know when and if something's been sent. Does anyone know if it does that?

Thanks.

At some schools the online app system sends you a notification when a recommendation letter is submitted. At others you will have to check the status online. I am not sure if you can find out which way it works beforehand. The only thing I can recommend is to read carefully all info on a page where you submit (or have submitted) e-mails of your recommenders.

Thanks.

depends on the schools. of 7 i applied to, only 1 school emailed me back acknowledging the receipt of LoRs. i had to check the online status for others. and when a recommender submits a LoR, it most likely suggests that he/she did so for remaining schools as well.

however, at point, you are going to have to check if all materials reached all schools and if your app is complete. therefore, don't take it as a burden - you'll be in much calmer state of mind once you know your app is complete.

Since it depends on the school and it is likely that your deadlines are staggered, if you gave the professors those deadlines they are either going to do them all at once or just do the first deadlines first I would think. Rather than constantly check all 11, why not just check the school with the first deadline or the first 2 or 3 schools? Once you see one has been submitted, you can then check all the schools to see if there are any missing.