Chances: acceptance or rejection

silentlywaiting

Since it is now March 20 and the April 15 deadline for notification of decisons is fast approaching, do you think most forthcoming notifications are rejections or are they acceptances that had issues with securing funding for he applicant?

As for me, I just received word that a decision was made and that a letter should be arriving soon. I'm really really nervous about the outcome and would be curious to know what everyone's thoughts are.

I wouldn't make assumptions one way or another. Some programs just seem to decide later than others. I heard from one school late Feb., one early March, and had kind of resigned myself that since I hadn't heard by now from the other two schools I'd applied to, it likely meant rejection. However, I just heard from school #3 today, and it was an admit with funding offer pending.

If you look at the survey results page, people are still posting about being admitted as of yesterday and today, so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

As I have not yet heard from my program either, I'm holding out for GOOD news. The application deadline for my program was March 1st and I've been told that it will take the better part of the month to make their decisions. However, I've also been told that the received "a lot of really good applicants this year." Hopefully I'm in the "good" pile. Good luck!

I think it really just depends on the program

I still haven't heard from the programs I applied to at University of Delaware - the potential adviser I was exchanging several e-mails with told me that 'hopefully' they'd be able to let me know by the end of March (and I got my NYU acceptance at the beginning of March - still much later than a lot of other places). The funding deadline was Feb 15, and their spring semester started very late on Feb 11. I just want to find out so I can know for sure where I'll be in the fall...good luck!

I didn't receive any news today in the mail. I'm beginning to think that I've been rejected. On my application website, it says that a letter is forthcoming.

If I were accepted, I would think that they would want to tell me as soon as possible, especially since most schools in my subject area have already notified applicants. Having to wait for a letter in the mail probably means that I've been rejected. :<

I just got an email from FedEx saying a package (international priority) is on it's way from a college. I have not received any sort of communication about this admit(I'll be damned if they send rejections by priority mail) from the college. None at all. So yeah, don't lose hope yet.