haven't heard anything from 10 programs

iamuberpro

About 2 weeks ago, my top choice school told me that I have been placed on their waitlist. The letter for waitlist was ready to be send out. 2 weeks later, I still haven't received the letter yet. What's going on? I don't think I am admitted just yet. Just trying to figure out how come they didn't send me the waitlist notification as they said they would.......... can anyone help me read between the lines? Thanks a lot!

Sometimes schools sent out letters at a glacial pace. I just got my official rejection letter from a school yesterday (I'd already found out via the website that I was rejected). The letter was dated March 21, and I received it April 21. It didn't even have to go overseas or anything.

Sometimes schools sent out letters at a glacial pace.

Yeah, and it's not always because the department is slacking. I work at a university, and every letter my department sends out has to go through some kind of security processing, then it moves on to financial processing because they have to take the costs of our mailings out a departmental account. So we're lucky if people receive our letters a week and a half after they leave our office. I imagine some schools' procedures are even slower.

I think you never know what goes on in the mailing room of universities; it took my acceptance letter from NYU 2 weeks to arrive after I knew I was "in", and nearly 2 months for my rejection letter from U-Mich to arrive after I knew I was out.

ETA for tragic spelling/grammar errors

Thanks to all that replied. ^________^ yeah, I would assume if I got accepted off the waitlist, they probably CAN'T wait to share this great news with me. by not hearing anything at this point. a waitlist letter perhaps doesn't really hold a whole lot of hope or miracle. I think I am just getting a little overdone with this whole admission process. The only good thing that I could take away from this is that admission process offers an excellent weight loss program. Starting from the day one I prepared for the GRE, getting my application paper work done, checking emails every hour since January.......I am proud to announce that I have lost nearly 10 lbs!!!! The worst case that I don't get accepted, I think I might have a better shot at becoming "The American's Next Top Model"! ^_______^ I am trying to look upon the stars, not the muddy ground.

I once saw this great quote someone said on this site:

"Great things happen to those whom waits." something like that..........

it sure brought some encouragements to me. Best of luck to everyone that's still waiting!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...